Thursday 21 June 2012

Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

(Sigh!) Looks like I didn't manage to sort out my font problem after all. One of yesterday's posts is insisting on being different!!  But, do you know what, it's going to have to stay like it is.  Life's too short. and let's face it, the font size is not that small that you can't read it.  So Blogger, I have to say you've got the better of me on this one!!
(Tiny rant over) 

Happy Thursday everyone,

Me and my big mouth!  Or was it due to the fact that it was the longest day yesterday, who knows,  but summer's gone again!!  It's a horrible day here on the Isle of Man (that's just for Deborah!), it's pouring down.  But it didn't stop my Postie stopping by this morning.  Bless him, he was soaked.  Look what he brought for me ......
summer for my craft room
Can't wait to have a play with these!!  But first I have some stuff to do in Douglas, if I can find the enthusiasm  to go that is.  Not even the thought of some retail therapy is making me want to head out in the rain.  Lets see what it's like after lunch - I can hear my craft room calling already.

Did anyone see Kay from Indigo Blu on C&C yesterday?  She had two fab shows - both sell outs virtually, and it was all Christmas!  I think the stamps are still available on the Indigo Blu website - here  but don't hold me to that.
I spent three days last week, full of Christmas spirit, working on samples for the shows.  It was nice actually to have a play around with Christmas ideas, it got me thinking about my own cards for this year.

I posted you some sneak peeks over the weekend, well get ready because here are the full versions.  Most of my samples were shown on the show, although Kay did say a couple were someone else's!  I do assure you though, all of these were done by little old me.  Here goes ....
These were all done with stamps from the Retro Christmas set. Lovely traditional images and a nice size too.  I love the jolly Santa.  He was coloured using Copics and then the fur on his hat was glittered.  So quick and easy to do.  The 'ho ho ho' was die cut in chipboard then flitter glued and flaked, and teamed up with last year's BoBunny Christmas papers.

Next is the Here Comes Santa set.  I love this set of stamps, you get so much on there.  There's a nice selection so you can even do some scene building like I've done here, with inks and a couple of masks.
The background turned out really well.  I used some Art Masking Fluid on the card first, just splattered (technical term there) randomly.  Once this was dry I used Distress Inks to colour the sky, using a mask to make my moon.  Then you just rub away the masking fluid and this is the result, it looks like it's snowing. Cool!
You don't have to use all the stamps to create a scene, just one of the small ones will do.  If you have a lot of cards to make this is so quick and easy.  The sentiment and the flourish are both off the same set. 
Oh Christmas Tree!
The Snow Queen is next, she's gorgeous
I'd used my spritzing technique to create an icy looking background then just stamped her directly on top - simple
Again this was just Distress re-inkers (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans) diluted with water, and then Perfect Pearls.  Cling film crinkled over the top and left to dry.

And last but not least of the sneak peeks, the Christmas Deer - sooo cute!

Flitter Glu and Flakes

not just for cards ...
You can probably see a bit of Melanie Heaton influence here - the three little dots in the background on the card,  and of course the hanging decoration.
I think Mel is a fantastic crafter and a super demonstrator, she's full of fabulous ideas and great tips and tricks. And what this girl doesn't know about the Cricut machine just isn't worth knowing.    I used to go on a lot of her classes before moving to the IOM and I'm lucky enough to call her a friend.  She's on Create and Craft regularly, if you get the chance, keep a look out for her shows and watch because she's fab.  Check out her blog here too.  There's always great projects with detailed tutorials, and her show times are usually on there.

Phew!  That was a long one.  Thanks for sticking with it.  I have got more Indigo Blu Christmas samples but I'll leave them for another time.

Still deciding whether to brave the rain - ah well, there's always tomorrow!  Hope the weather's a bit nicer where you are.

Bye for now

Linda
x


5 comments:

Mrs.B said...

All beautiful cards Linda - shame I missed the show.
Avril xx

Diane said...

What an amazing set of cards and projects!!!! And lucky you something new to play with.....I would stay in and keep dry if I was you :0)....it's just as bad here in Norfolk.
Diane
P.s blogger and I have a very dysfunctional relationship ...so I sympathise when you can't get it to behave.

downrightcrafty said...

blimey you have been busy, stunning creations so much inspiration thank you
hugs Kate x

Donna Gibson said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I especially love the one with the large rosette and Santa. I, too, noticed font changes on some of my blogger posts. You're braver than I to try and fix them!! I just muttered a little "harrumph" and moved on!

Greta said...

You're making me want to do more Christmas cards now--gorgeous creations!