Sunday 10 June 2012

The BIG 4 0

Hello there,
Hope you're all having a nice weekend.
I'd like to say Hello and Welcome to my latest follower, Greta.  It's lovely to have you on board and thank you for all the lovely comments.
My weekend isn't going bad at all.  I didn't plan on doing much, decided it was time for a couple of days R&R before the chaos begins again on Monday.
Yesterday was a little manic, we were in and out the house all morning dodging the TT road closures.  The weather wasn't brilliant first thing so the races had been put back a bit (again!), which meant we had a bit more time than expected before all the roads closed.  We dashed up to Ramsey because I wanted to go to one of my favourite shops on the island - Pure Inspiration.  Check them out here on Facebook. 
I love this little shop, and if you're looking for that special something for a gift (as I was) you can count on finding it there.  There's a little bit of everything from home decor to gorgeous pampering products,  jewellery, most of it hand made and all of it gorgeous, crystals and candles the list goes on.  I found exactly what I was looking for - can't show you though in case the person who it's for sees it - sorry!
I delivered my 'man' card in the afternoon.  And guess what, Mike loved it (thank goodness). 
40, I remember it well, even though it's such a long time ago!  I didn't celebrate my 40th with a party, I told Stephen I didn't even want to be in the country, so he took me to Venice (best hubby ever!!).  I fell in love with the city, it's beautiful, but unfortunately haven't had the chance to go back - maybe one day soon. Anyway, I digress .... 
We had a fun afternoon at Mike's party. Good food, good wine and great company. It didn't rain so there was a BBQ and we even managed to watch the football - yeah!  I can hear a few groans out there from you guys that don't like the game,  but sorry, I love it!!  Don't worry I won't mention it again - unless England win (as if that's going to happen), so you're safe.

On a crafty note, I won my first Blog challenge this weekend too - WhooHoo!  I won over at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. PBSC  You can imagine the surprise I got when I popped onto the website to checkout this weeks theme, and there was my name and card at the top of the post, along with Susan's who had also won - Congratulations Susan, stunning card design! 
I can't wait to receive my prize, it's a fabulous Penny Black stamp.  If it arrives in time I may just use it on this weeks entry.

On that note, I think it's time I got out of my PJs.  No-one else has surfaced yet (hungover I expect!) so I've had a nice peaceful Sunday morning, just me and the birds in the garden - lovely!

See you all again next week.  Enjoy your Sunday.

Linda
x



3 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Linda, thanks for your lovely comment and mention on your blog, I hope you don't mind but I have returned the compliment!
Love your blog ;-)
SueX

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...congratulations on your win Linda how loVely that feeling must be...sounds like your weekend has been action packed...Mel :)
Have your heard from CWC yet re any assigment?...I like you received my basic box, it just seems so long since the team were put together :(

Julie Brooks said...

I'm so glad your brother liked his card - phew! x