Thursday 28 June 2012

Fly the flag!

Morning everyone,
What's this ....... another early post.
It's Thursday, nearly weekend, and our little trip across to the UK.  Just a few bits to finish off, some DT cards to make with my monthly project kit from Craftwork Cards, oh and the housework to do.  All this before 5 on Friday, can I get it all done?  Of course I can, if not, the housework can wait till I get back (lol!)

This weeks Penny Black Saturday Challenge is
                          Fly the Flags!

They want to see bunting, flags, banners etc.  Along with the usual, a Penny Black image, sentiment or stickeroo.

Here's mine .....

I love this little guy in the flowerpot ('greetings' stamp 3706H), he's sooo cute!   He's usually holding a flower but I decided not to ink that bit and replace the flower with a flag.
Hedgie's been coloured in with Copic Pens, and his little friend the ladybird, has had a coat of Glossy Accents on top.

I had a good old rummage in my bit box again, and came out with checks this time, not spots (like earlier in the week).  It's a piece of BoBunny paper from the Kitchen Spice range, I think.  I picked out the orange colour and teamed it up with some BoBunny Double Dot.  I added some bunting decorated with punched flowers from the same papers.  Did my usual faux stitching around the edges, added a piece of white ribbon and a bit of bling. I think the colours make it perfect for a summer (whatever that is!) birthday.

Summer eh!  It's July at the weekend only it feels more like flippin' October!!  It's stopped raining here but it's still miserable out. 
We've got the Queenie Festival going on this weekend down at Port St Mary.
There's supposed to be a beach party tomorrow night with BBQ, and live music.  It's not going to be much fun if it rains!  I'm sure it'll be busy though.  We'll bob on down there on Sunday and see what's going on.  Anything to do with food and we're there.    
Queenies, by the way, for those who don't know, are queen scallops and are very popular on the island.  My lot love them, I can eat them but not in any great quantity.  They're a little too fishy for me, nice as a starter though.  There is a website here if anyone would like to know more.  You'll find some nice recipes on there too. 

Well, I'm off to have a play with my CWC Pretty Little Prints now.  Have a great Thursday whatever you're doing.

Bye for now

Linda
x


6 comments:

Zippy said...

Lovely card and supet cute image! Love the colours and bunting xxx

Whisper said...

Oh what a sweetie and am loving the super colours too, Luv Sam x

KraftyKaren said...

Love how you have adapted the stamped image - lovely card

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, love the orange bunting and papers, super cute image.

Kath x

debby4000 said...

Adorable card and lovely sunny colours too
luv
Debby

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card linda...enjoy your trip to the UK..hope you bring some sun with you...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx