Saturday 16 June 2012

Positively Festive!

Good morning everyone,
It's weekend, thank goodness. Time to slow down and relax a little I think.  This last week has been non- stop for me, and I still didn't get everything done in time - the list goes on!  Sorry Sally, your birthday card is on it's way - honest!

Just a quick word about last nights football, England WON - well done lads!  We beat Sweden 3-2 It didn't look like a win was possible at one point but they pulled it off.  Let's hope we can keep it up on Tuesday next week, we need at least a draw against the Ukraine.

The dreaded 'C' word was spoken this week - yes that's right CHRISTMAS!!  Now I know it's only the middle of June and we haven't had summer yet, but some of us have had to put our Santa hats on and find some festive spirit.
I've been working on Christmas cards since Wednesday, and I'm feeling positively festive.  I even came close to getting the Christmas CD's out on Friday afternoon when a friend joined me, who was also planning Christmas cards, but in the end we thought maybe it was a little too early.
I must admit I do like making Christmas cards.  At the beginning of this year I said I was going to make at least 1 every week so that come December there wouldn't be that mad rush to get everything finished before the big day.  Well, I have the grand total of ........... NIL so that idea worked well!  I tell a lie, I do have some cards left over from last year, but I haven't actually made any new ones.  Oh well, it's only June - plenty of time (haha).

I can't actually share with you what I've spent my time on this week, but I can tell you they were Indigo Blu stamps that I was working with (gorgeous, by the way), and that Kay is back on Create and Craft next Wednesday (20th) with 2 shows that are all Christmas.  If you are around tune in on Sky channel 671, Freeview 36 or Freesat 813, the stamps are all fab and Kay will have some great ideas to get you started on your own Christmas designs. And my cards should be on the telly too, if they arrive on time.
I'm going to be very naughty now and give you some sneaky peeks ........ shhh! don't tell anyone will you.
..... and the ivy
oohh..... who could this be?


mwah!!
 


looks a bit frosty ....


same as above but different .... ?
I don't think I've given too much away have I.  Once everything has been on air, I'll be back with all the details.  In the meantime all of the stamps are available on the Indigo Blu website.  Check them out here  Along with the stamps there's a whole range of other fabulous stuff to tempt you.

Well, must be off, things to do.  Have a lovely weekend whatever you're doing.  I hope the weather is kind to you. It hasn't got off to a great start here.  Ah well, great excuse to spend the afternoon crafting.

Bye for now,
Linda
x  



2 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I love your sneak peeks and I will certainly be tuned in to see Kay, I love her stamps! A x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Look forward to seing these cards - Guess which person forgot to tape the show!
Avril xx