Friday 20 July 2012

All By Myself ......

Good morning,
Happy Friday!  Is everyone looking forward to the weekend? 
I'm still home alone. Well, apart from Christopher that is, but I don't really see much of him, he's usually in bed till lunchtime - students eh!.
Stephen's still living it up across in the UK, having fun (!?) at the GUKPT (that's the Grosvenor UK Poker Tour).  That means he's playing cards most of the night and sleeping all day so I don't even hear from him until the early evening.  This is great! 
Don't get me wrong, I am missing him  - sigh!  But it's just as well he's not here really, because the next few days are going to be taken up with Design Team stuff.  I'm going to have to spend ALL weekend in the old craft room preparing samples for the TV.  It's a tough job but someone's got to do it!
Sshh ....  don't tell anyone, but here's a sneaky peak of some of the new Indigo Blu stamps .......



look nice, don't they ......... that's me busy all afternoon (yeah!)

First thing this morning though is to finish a card I started earlier in the week.  (Sorry about the picture quality, but I'm really struggling with the light this morning - I think it's just about to piddle it down here in the IOM)

It's for my brother and sister-in-law.  NO, I'm not an Auntie again, it's not FOR them, it's to give to someone else.  One of their bridesmaids has recently had a little boy and they wanted something a bit different, I do hope they like it.
It's not quite finished yet, but I'm getting there.


One more page to do and then a box, should be done by lunchtime. Just hope it's what they had in mind.

Another quick update on my Altered Art Dictionary.  I'm still trying to keep to the one page per day, here's the last couple of days
teacup

I love this stamp.  It's from the Stampin Up! Tea Shoppe stamp set, stamped in  Rose Red, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist and Certainly Celery SU inks.  Each time the teacup was masked before stamping the next.








Yesterdays page was TIME .  This was done with a Kaisercraft clear background stamp, stamped twice, and some Distress Ink brushed around the edges just to highlight.   The 'Time Flies' is from Stampendous and the quote is from another SU set - Sense of Time.
I originally stamped the saying directly onto the page but you couldn't see it clearly, that's why it's on a seperate piece of card.  Looks ok though.




Well, better be off.  There's a coffee cup waiting in the kitchen with my name on  it.
I'll be back to show you the finished christening card later and maybe some snippets of the new Indigo Blu - we'll see.

Have a great day

Linda
         x         

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

My goodness, you've been busy Linda! I love those altered dictionaries and it sounds like you have lots of lovely crafty time planned... are you sure you're missing Stephen?!! Vicky x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...your a busy girlie Linda, sounds like lots of fun, the sneaky peeks look fab & tis a gorgeous Christening Card, loVing your layers...have a wonderful productive weekend...Mel :)
Alas only five pages in with Mr Grey, will make up over the weekend ;)

Redanne said...

Finnley is such a cute name and your card is just gorgeous. Thanks for the sneak peeks and have a lovely crafty weekend! Anne x

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous Christening card.
The sneak peeks do look interesting, look forward to seeing them.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx