Monday 20 August 2012

Twice in one day

Hi everyone,
Nothing from me all weekend then twice in one day! 
I'm not a happy bunny though as my Blog is playing up - again!  I don't think it's Blogger this time though, I think it's something to do with where I get my template from. I've just spent the last hour trying to figure out what's going on.  Think I'll leave it overnight and see what it's like in the morning.  It looks a bit naked though without my background. 

Anyways, tonight's post is,  wait for it ......... my Less is More entry for this week.  Yes, I know it's only Monday, and a little early for me, but I had to get it done today or it just wasn't getting done at all this week.  I don't like to miss my blog challenges.

It's Week 81 and it's a Theme week.  The girls want to see 
                              TEARING
It can be in any form, as subtle or as bold as we like.  And the usual rules apply.

For me, paper tearing is one of those things you either like to do and are quite happy to tear away at your designs or, you're one of those people who can't quite bring themselves to start ripping at their beautiful papers in case they don't get it right.  Me, I don't mind it, I'm quite happy to tear away.   I like the old tattered edge look.

Here's mine ....
The torn panel was just a piece of white cardstock stamped with the gorgeous (but rather large) SU background stamp - En Francais.  I then tore it down to the size I wanted, and inked the edges with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks.  A piece of black satin ribbon and a sweet little bow add a little bit of interest.
When I got my craft trolley out last week, ready to pack for my trip to the UK,  I found the Hero Arts/Sizzix Stamp and Die cut set inside - Flowers and Butterflies.  It must have been there since we moved in May!!! I must admit I did wonder where I'd put it.  Anyway,  I decided to use it.  I love this little set it's so pretty. 
The flowers were stamped in black Versafine and cut using the matching die, then inked around the edges with Tea Dye Distress.  I added pearls to the centres and attached the flowers over the torn background with foam pads.
The butterfly was stamped directly onto the card base then again onto acetate to add a little dimension to the wings.
I decided not to add a sentiment as I don't think it needs one.

I think that's about it for today.  I've still some ironing and some packing to do, and I must try and sort my Blog background out - arggghh!! Flippin' technology!

Thanks for popping by, again.

See you soon

Linda
x



20 comments:

TAM said...

Fabulous card Linda

Susan said...

Those flowers and butterfly are gorgeous and the card is very classy and elegant! Love it!

GinaA said...

I so like this card, the placement is just perfect and your detailed flowers and butterfly are gorgeous, plus it's just the right colour tones all topped of with a subtle ribbon and classy bling. I am so not jealous. :)

Canonbury creations said...

Such a beautiful card, love it!
Val x

The-crafty-corner said...

Hello there-What a beautiful card-so elegant :) x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...simplicity can be so stunning as is your card Linda, loVe the dimension on your butterfly, gorgeous work...Mel :)

Mandi said...

Oh Linda this looks beautiful
The tearing us FAB
Superb composition

Thanks so much
Mandi
LIM

Paula Whittaker said...

very pretty

Kathyk said...

And what a beautiful job you made of it too - fab card

Kathyk

Redanne said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I have that set too and just don't use it as often as I should. Love yours. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Aileen said...

This is gorgeous. Love the vintage but clean look. x

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Linda, really love the monochrome colour palette surrounded by all that white space. I wish I found such nice things in neglected bags and boxes! Have a great trip home.

Hugs
Brenda

Jo said...

Beautiful, so elegant :-)

hellerlittle said...

OMG gorgeous card, the colours have blended togther to give a stunning effect.
Love the way you did it!!!
Hugs hellerlittle

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just doing a catch up, I see you have been very busy!
This is stunning, love the combination of stamps and colour.
Avril xx

Lozzy said...

gorgeous card. love the colours and you design. all your designs are stunning x

Maribel said...

Precious, is very beautiful,I love.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.

Karen x

Margie said...

This is a really lovely card which could be used for so many different occasions. I really like the flowers and butterfly - so pretty.

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for the tardiness of my visit this week, a cruise to Norway intervened somewhat!
Thanks for your lovely submission... gorgeous!
Chrissie
"Less is More"