Monday 12 November 2012

I'm Back!

Hi everyone,
Just a quick post to let you know that I am back from my latest trip across to the UK,   I'm just struggling to get back into the swing of things though.  I don't know what's the matter with me. 

We actually got home on Saturday, but to be honest I just haven't been in the mood to do anything. I'm still trying to fight off a flippin' cold. 
It didn't stop me from having a fabulous trip to the NEC though.  Full of echinacea and armed with a bag of cough sweets, we spent the whole day in craft heaven.
We walked miles, chatted all day long, met up with people I hadn't seen in ages, and of course spent far too much money but hey, I came away with a great new stash to play with.  Forgot to take my camera with me though, so no pictures (sigh!)

Here's what I brought home with me ........

I had to be a little restrained, we flew over this time.  Luggage allowance is not that much - so it's a good job I didn't need many clothes!
I am looking forward to playing with my new purchases but, I think I've left my mojo somewhere (oops!)  This isn't good at all, I've got a 'To Do' list as long as my arm, and not a lot of time to do it in (including my Christmas cards),  I thought I'd take today off, then tomorrow I've got to make a start.
It should be fun though once I get going - loads of new Indigo Blu stamps to play with, and a new colour of Flake.

Along with all my other goodies .......

more Fran-tage
can't wait to use these ...  





 
 Watch this space!

While I was across in the UK, I also stocked up on my Stampin Up! supplies too.  Sally-Jo, my SU demonstrator, had also arranged for our little group to get together and do a workshop.  We made this gorgeous Christmas decoration, off the front of the latest Seasonal Catalogue .....
.......  isn't it pretty?  We don't all get to meet up that often, so it was really nice.  A good old chat and a Chinese takeaway finished the evening off perfectly.

Another great trip to the UK over.  I think that's the last one this year. Better start planning for next year now.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday, and I'll see you all later in the week.

Bye for now
Linda
x 

2 comments:

Jo Rice said...

So sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.
I am glad that you enjoyed the NEC and I see you came home with some of the same goodies as me. All that walking and talking was exhausting though!!!!
Look forward to see what you create tomorrow. Hugs. X

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, welcome back! That is some bumper bundle of stuff you got, really envy you those prismacolour pencils, have wanted some for ages, look forward to seeing what you do with them. Hope the cold does not develop any further and that you get your mojo back soon. Take care! Crafty hugs, Anne x