Friday 6 December 2013

On the 6th day of December ........

all the jobs done .... and a evening out!

Happy Friday!

Weekend again ...... and what a busy one this is going to be. 

Magazine stuff went in the post this morning - phew!  Deadline's on Monday so just about made it.  Job's all done this afternoon - crafty and otherwise!  Creative Studios DT Blog  post done ...... here's a little tempting tease for you if you haven't already been over there .......


Speaking of Creative Studios ...... I've just found out that the lovely Sam Poole has been nominated in the British Craft Awards 2014 for her rubber stamp range with Creative Expressions.  Well done Sam!  I've been over and voted.

I've also finished another Christmas card ........ I think this one may just be the design for the family cards this year .......


You can tell what I'm enjoying playing with at the moment ......... It's another lovely stencil from the Sweet Poppy range - Mistletoe Tree.  This time I've used Gold Glamour Dust over the top of the paste ....... however the next ones I think may look nice with a touch of green, we'll see.



I've also used one of my favourite IndigoBlu stamps, the Vintage Flourish, it's not really a Christmas stamp but I just think it works so well, it gives a nice elegant look


And of course part of the design is inside the card too


Now I just have to re-create this a few more times then that's the family sorted.

Speaking of IndigoBlu, a quick reminder for you ...... Kay Halliwell Sutton is back on our TV screens tomorrow (Saturday) - that's Create & Craft (Sky channel 671/Freesat 813/Freeview 36/Virgin 748) at 11am and I think it's 4pm.  There'll be new stamps, some brand new products and of course lots of fab tips and techniques from Kay.  Don't forget to tune in.

I mentioned last night about the opening of a Mid-Winter Ice Rink on the island.  Apparently it's three years since this happened and the rink has a new venue - Tynwald Mills over at St. Johns. You can find out a little more about it here


It was the Launch night this evening, before it opens to the public tomorrow, and we went along.

Kyran Bracken was there to get things underway ......


....... along with his skating partner.  Here they are warming up before doing a fabulous ice dance routine for the crowd


Alex thought it was all very interesting, if a bit on the cold side


He did pop in to see Santa though before we came home


And his mummy had a few spins around the rink - she was braver than me.  I haven't been on a pair of ice skates since I was a teenager, and that's a lonnnng time.  I didn't fancy breaking any bones this evening .... it's the Poker Stars Christmas Party tomorrow and I don't want to miss that ..... not after I've bought a new dress for the occasion.


Oh well I think that's about it for Friday.  I'm on glass number 3 of a nice cheeky little red wine and Stephen is playing Christmas carols on the piano - positively festive!!
It's supposed to be Christmas shopping in the morning, it maybe the afternoon, depending on how many more glasses of the cheeky red there are, then it's party time!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your weekend.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Linda Page said...

Lovely card Linda - good luck with the Christmas shopping xx

Jo Rice said...

A great blog post Linda and another fabulous card...sounds like a lovely festive family evening...hope today went well too...hugs Jo. X