Wednesday 30 April 2014

Home alone .......

Hi there,

Happy Wednesday!

OMG! .... the house is quiet this evening ..... there's only me at home!!  Hubby is a way on business for a couple of days ..... although how he got to London without me I've no idea!!!  I had to pack his suitcase for him this morning, then he forgot his passport .... which isn't a major thing for flying to the UK from the Isle of Man, you only need some sort of photo ID at the airport here, so his driving licence would have done (if he had it with him of course!).  The car also had to go into the garage this morning so Stephen dropped it off on his way to work, no problem ..... however he did manage to leave his suitcase in the back of the car and only realised part way through the afternoon ..... slight detour needed by the cab driver on the way to the airport.
Then, once he was at the airport he rang me (again) because he couldn't find the bag with his liquids in and wanted to know where I'd put it!!!!!  He only had hand luggage .... where did he think I'd put it!?
Finally I get a text to tell me that he's landed at London City airport (thank goodness!) but ...... they can't get off the plane as there's a fire alarm going off in the terminal.  Hopefully he'll get to his hotel soon.

My main task today was to make my tag for April's 12 Tags of 2014.  It's seems to get later each month before I sit down and make a start on this little project.  Thankfully I had most things on the supplies list and what I didn't have I worked around.

Here's Tim's fabulous inspiration piece .... how gorgeous is this (my favourite so far I think)


And here's my version .....


Full details and all the techniques can be found over on Tim's blog, and I pretty much followed them to the letter.
The only thing I changed was the painted philospohy tag ...... because there's none left in my stash (another thing to put on the never ending shopping list!).  Instead I added ............................

ooops! ...... sorry about that ....... my boys (Chelsea) are currently playing in the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi-Final and we've just gone 1-0 up against Athletico Madrid - yeahhhhhhh!!!!!

Where was I .... oh yes, I used an Idea-ology Enamelled Tag and added a couple of the Botanical Remnant Rubs ....


then attached it using a jump ring and a tiny paperclip.

Oh no ..... Athletico have just equalised **!!** ..... right before half time too (sigh!)  That means we need to score again, otherwise, if the score stays the same they win with the away goal rule.

Sorry about that.   Back to the tag ...... I decided to add an extra flower on mine, all made using the Tattered Pinecone die .... I do like doing things in 3's.   I also added in a bit of white net and some pretty decorative crystal pins too.


To finish off I tied some of the crinkle ribbon around my tag, and added the bow, all coloured to match in with the rest of the tag


There .... all done, with a few hours to spare too!

I won't bore you with the football anymore, I'm off to watch the second half ..... fingers crossed we score again (and they don't!)

Thanks for popping by (and staying with me!).  Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

1 comment:

Angela Allen said...

Hi Linda
Great tag,I agree with you about the extra flower,sorry Tim,but I prefer your tag.
Love Angela x