Thursday 1 May 2014

1st of the month ..... again!!

Happy 1st of May folks!

This year's not half flying by ...... it's only 9wks until we go to Vegas (eek!)  6wks until our break in the Cotswolds (can't wait!) and only 3wks until the island starts buzzing with the start of the 2014 TT Races.

And guess what ..... it's raining!  It's not helping to cheer me up after last night's football result ...... it didn't end well after all.  We lost! (sigh) 3-1 was the final score ...... never mind it's only a game (ha! did I really just say that!!)

Anyway ..... enough about football and the weather.  A Blog Challenge is the theme for today's post ...... Less is More to be exact.
It's Sketch week this week, and this is what Chrissie has given us to follow ......


What do you think? 


Too much?  We'll see .... there's still plenty of white space on there.

I've used one of my favourite stamps from Crafty Individuals ..... I finally got my hands on it at Port Sunlight.  It's called 'Summer Meadow' and it's so pretty.

I started by using Distress inks to add colour to the centre of a 6x6 square cardblank - Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.  I spritzed with a little water, wiped away the excess, then stamped the image using Black Versafine ink.

I also stamped a butterfly (from the Hero Arts clear set - Antique Engravings) just to the side, so that it's antennae would show through my aperture (saves on cutting them out on the coloured version later)

To do the aperture I cut a square of white card slightly smaller than my card blank, and used a nestabilities Die to cut out the circle in the centre.  I then stamped my sentiment across the bottom (as shown in the sketch) ......


...... and added the small butterfly on the edge of the circle


I coloured him using Distress Markers then just touched over the top with a clear Wink of Stella pen.

I stamped the larger butterfly again onto a piece of inked cardstock, added a touch of Clear Wink of Stella pen and then cut him out.

I attached the aperture piece over the original stamped image, using foam pads, and then added the coloured butterfly over the top, matching him up to the one already stamped ....



I do enjoy this Blog Challenge and I'm proud to say I was ShowCASed again last week (whoo hoo!) for the Shadow Stamping Challenge in Week 167


If you missed it and fancy a look, you can find it here

Next job on the list is a pile of ironing (oh joy!) and to find a home for this little purchase I made yesterday .....


It made me giggle anyway.

Thanks for popping by today, enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Love your purchase, very funny! Your card is beautiful and I personally do not think it is too much, I would say - just right! I was gutted to at the result last night, I had such high hopes, but as you say, it is just a game - still feel sad though. Hugs, Anne xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely image and layout.xxx

cotnob said...

This is absolutely stunning Linda, I love your stamped image and beautiful butterflies.
Pauline
x

Pippa said...

It's also the only planet with chocolate! Love your card Linda.

Chrissie said...

Great stamping Linda!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Linda this is beautiful!
Thank you for your LIM entry this week
Anne
Less is More Designer