Friday 23 May 2014

Say it with ..... Flowers

Happy Friday folks,

It's the weekend ..... yeah!! and it's a nice long one again too.

After going AWOL from the old craft room yesterday (well we all need a break every now and again!) .... I've got a bit of catching up to do over the next few days.  So much for getting organised and on top of stuff before the holidays!!

One job I have done though is my card for this week's Less is More Challenge.

I got a nice surprise last weekend to find out that the monthly winner from February had generouly passed on her prize, and that I'd been chosen as the new winner for the month - whoo hoo!!  Thanks ladies, it's most appreciated.  My prize has been well spent!

Great little online store

It's Theme week this week and we've been given ...

FLOWERS

What do you think? .......


Hope I've left enough 'white space' ..... I started off by using the Memory Box Honeycomb Stencil and some Distress inks - Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Worn lipstick


I then cut my flowers using the Penny Black 'bashful' die.  The whole thing was cut twice from green cardstock,  and then just the flower head  twice again this time from hot pink


I layered the two together and added some Mustard Seed Distress Glitter to the centres.  They were then attached over the stencilled honeycomb ..... nice and simple.

The sentinment is from Stampin Up! .... it says it all


And for the inside I used the honeycomb again, and the left over piece from my die cutting as a stencil  ..... waste not, want not!


It's the start of the Isle of Man 2014 TT this weekend

  
Things are beginning to get a little busy over here.  We were over in Italy this time last year, we got away from it all.  But, we've decided to stay put this time and join in the 'fun'.   Practice Week gets underway tomorrow .... weather permitting of course.  The sun is shining at the moment so fingers crossed everything's good.

Well that's it from me today ... the little man has just arrived so I'm on Grandma duties now.  It's all strawberry milk and trains for the next few hours.

Thanks for popping by ..... you can also find me on the Creative Studios DT Blog today if you fancy a look


Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend ...... Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

9 comments:

Pippa said...

Lovely card for the LIM challenge.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely divine. Love your die and colour scheme and even a blooming gorgeous inner card too.
thanks for sharing
Sarah
Less is More

Anne said...

Stunning creation, love the dimension from layering the blooms
Thank you for your LIM entry
Anne
Less is More Designer

Chrissie said...

This is absolutely amazing Linda!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on being one of the winners at Less is More.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your well deserved win at LIM - your card is a real eye candy - swoon.........

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I've popped over from Loll's blog. Congrats on your win at LIM. Cathy x

Ann said...

Gorgeous card Linda! That die and background work so well together, and I love that you continued with the theme inside the card. Congrats on your win at LIM:)

Darnell said...

Eeek! This knocked my socks off, Linda! I'm not at all surprised to see it as a LIM winner!! You are on fire!! Hugs, Darnell