Wednesday 2 July 2014

Today's the Day!

Happy Wednesday!

Can I just say 'Welcome' to Ineke, from the Netherlands, my latest follower ......Thank you so much for taking the time to visit, it's nice to have you with me.
 
It's time to relax at last ........ all the craft stuff is done, photographed and pictures uploaded and, blog posts scheduled.
The house is tidy and the packing's all done ..... passports CHECK! Vegas tickets CHECK! boarding passes for Gatwick flight CHECK!!! 
Hair done, nails are done (fingers and toes!).  Phones, MacBook and Kindle all charged ...... and chargers packed.  Must remember to buy a US adaptor though at the airport because I can't find mine (better start a new list!)  Not that I'm getting excited or anything ...... but, I'm almost ready to go and it's only 3 o'clock!

I've been so busy the last couple of days  I've just realised that I haven't posted any pictures from the little man's Sports Day at the weekend

He had a great time ..... the little ones were are split into Colour teams ..... Alex was in the Purple Bunch.  It was quite funny .... there was one little guy who was getting really upset and wouldn't wear his bib ...... he didn't want to wear PINK!!!  (bless him)


Here's our little athlete warming up .....  I was shattered just watching him!


I won't bore you with every little detail, but here he is on the obstacle course ..... Go Alex!!


Throwing the javelin ...... (mind the teacher now!)


and Weight lifting ...... this was the heavy one (look at those muscles!)


We had one little boy who was very pleased with himself ......


And one proud Grandad too .....  as well as his mummy!
 

We're going to miss him while we're away ...... he's given me a shopping list of what he wants me to bring back for him ...... not sure if I'll get a remote control Diesel 10 and another Thomas in my suitcase, he may just have to wait until his birthday for those!

Oh well, I suppose it's time to close the old craft room door, log out of Facebook (for now!) and switch off the laptop.  Hubby will be home in an hour, the cab will be here to take us to the airport (I hope!) and then it's  ..... Viva Las Vegas!   See you in the US.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Enjoy your trip and loved your photos. x

Redanne said...

Love the photos of Alex at his sport's day, he is a real cutie. Hope you have lots of fun in Vegas! Hugs, Anne x