Friday 26 September 2014

Christmas Bingo! .....

Morning folks!

Happy Friday!  It's the weekend again and guess what?! ....... I'm leaving the island for a few days (only until Monday that's all!)
I'm not on my own this time ..... Hubby and I are off to London for the weekend (a romantic break you might say!)  What with all the chaos and rushing around of the last few weeks, we thought it would be nice to spend some time just the two of us.  So, we're off to see the sights, enjoy a few nice restaurants, and hopefully meet up with some friends we haven't seen in a while ....... we're going to see the poppies at the Tower of London too (that's actually the main reason we're going!) 

Before I go and pack the suitcase, I've got this weeks festive make for the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge ..... can't miss that now can I!

It's time to have some fun with a game of Christmas Bingo! ....... here we go ..... 'eyes down'


I chose the line down the left hand side ..... but I could also have gone straight across the middle, my card fits either ......


Anyway .... the SPARKLE is the glitter on the trees, and the reindeer's antlers,


the DIE CUT is the actual Reindeer (you probably guessed that!)


and the RED part is the ribbon bow, and the layer of red cardstock (oh ..... and Rudolph's nose!)


Going the other way ... we have the DIE CUT reindeer again,  RIBBON or TWINE, the bow around his neck and the KRAFT part ... well we're back to the reindeer again!

I used the large and medium Christmas tree stamps from Clarity, to create my winter forest .... stamped along the edge of a torn piece of copier paper using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink


I used a Quickie Glue pen and fine crystal glitter to add the look of snow and give some definition to the ground.
I then stamped the sentiment across the bottom in a festive red ink.


The cute little deer is one from a Sizzix Bigz die ...... Reindeer Flight by Tim Holtz.  He's been cut from Kraft card, inked around the edge using Gathered Twig Distress ink, and stamped over the top with the IndigoBlu Sheet Music background stamp to give a bit more interest.


His antlers have been cut from gold glitter card using another Sizzix Bigz die, which is unfortunately discontinued now I believe ..... they're part of the branch from Tim Holtz's Bird on a Branch die.


I added the bow along with a silver jingle bell, and of course his red nose.


He's then been attached using foam pads, and I've finished off by adding a sprinkling of Fran-tage Chunky White Embossing Powder to the whole scene, to give the look of falling snow ..... brrrrrr!


As always, the design continues on the inside ......


Well that was fun ..... I haven't played Bingo in a lonnnng time!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy your Friday, and have a lovely weekend.  I'm so looking forward to mine!

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx  

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Love, love, LOVE this card! Love the trees you stamped, and the gold, glittered antlers on the deer...perfection!! :0)

laurie said...

This card is fabulous!!! I adore the deer, and what a perfect winter scene you have created for him!

Alison said...

Such a beautiful card, Linda. I can almost feel the snow falling and your deer is so cute with his red nose and bow.
Hope you have a great weekend in London.
Alison x

Redanne said...

Your card is gorgeous Linda, I love his sparkly antlers especially! Hope you have a lovely weekend in London! Anne xx

Bonnie said...

Wow, Linda! This is amazing! I'm lovin' that reindeer and those trees are so perfectly placed! Wonderful colors and sparkle too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is just beautiful, Linda! LOVE the die cut reindeer in the music note pattern paper and all the pretty touches! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Viv said...

What a glorious Christmas card and scene Linda, I love everything about it ;) Viv xx

Sari said...

This so pretty, love all the details.

KimCreate said...

Super pretty card! Your scene and raindeer is FABULOUS!

Sue said...

Linda, this card is gorgeous! I love everything about it! The winter scene, the deer, the antlers and the glitter, of course!!!

Becca Cruger said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on the win!