Thursday 11 September 2014

Time to fly ........

Happy Thursday folks!

I'm a bit early this morning .... the sun's not even up yet!

It's time to find my wings again ........ well, they actually belong to Citywing, but you know what I mean.  I'm off on one of these little babies again, flying across to the UK for a few days. That's the reason for the early start!


First stop when I get over there, is a spot of craft retail therapy over at Event City in Manchester with my best buddy.   Yes, I'm off to the Stitching, Sewing, and Hobbycrafts Show  today, and I have a list ..... and room in the suitcase ..... whoo hoo!!!  Could be expensive!
No doubt there'll be time for coffee and cake too, and a good old catch up with some friends while we're there.  It's going to be a good day!

I eventually got everything finished yesterday, before I closed the old craft room door (no thanks to old Mojo who's gone AWOL!) ..... I even left my workdesk tidy!

One of the jobs on the list was my challenge entry for this weeks Less is More.
It's a Colour Week and we have a yummy combination to work with .....

CHOCOLATE MINT

After Eights anyone?!


I've stamped the image using a brown Archival ink, that's the chocolate bit .... and the mint part is obviously her dress


How cute is she?!!  The stamps are by Phyllis Harris for Unity Stamp Company .... I've recently got my hands on a few of her designs ... I love them!!

The sentiment was also stamped in  mint green


And I used the colour combo on the inside too .....


Sorry, but I must dash ..... I've got a plane to catch!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

6 comments:

!neke said...

Enjoy your flight!
And the hobbycraft show!
A suppositie you suitcase won't stay empty!
!neke

Pippa said...

What a great card, really love the image. I've not heard of the Unity Stamp Company so I am off to have a look, thanks for the link. :)

Redanne said...

Another beautiful card Linda. I didn't see you at Event City today, what a shame! Anne xx

AlisonC said...

Lovely card and great sentiment. Such a simple image but so pretty. I'll have to have a look too.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous wind-swept card Linda. Love it and the sentiment.
Enjoy your trip - sounds fun
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

This is simply superb Linda, I can see why you love this image!
Have fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"