Saturday 13 September 2014

Transportation for Merry Monday .......

Happy weekend folks!

I'm having a great time over in the UK ... but then I always do!

Really enjoyed the craft show at Event City on Thursday ....... (so sorry to have missed you Anne, it would have been lovely to finally meet up in person.  Next time we must arrange something!)  
We'd only been in the place about 30 mins (if that!) before we had to make a trip back to the car to get rid of shopping bags!!!  That's the trouble with the MDF man .... you have to buy the lot!!!


Only joking .... it wasn't me that ended up with a dozen bags ...... as you can see I was very good!  Until we got to the handbag stand ....... ooops!  Well ..... I couldn't make up my mind!  And lets face it .... a girl can never have too many handbags!


If you're planning on popping along to the show today, you must check out the Powertex stand.  Oh my goodness!! ......... I've just realised, it's missing from the photograph!! Thought I must have bought more than that!

What's Powertex? ...... well, it's a water based, liquid fabric and textile hardener and sculpting medium. The results are pretty amazing!  (thanks again to the Rob, the MDF man for pointing us in the direction of this!)  
We just had to buy the starter kits, and the reason it's not on my stash photo is that it's currently sat in Susan's craft room all set to go ..... we're having a play day!!!

Before I get stuck into all that though, I wanted to quickly share my card for this week's Merry Monday Challenge
It was a bit of a tough one this week ...... we had to use some form of transportation on our cards


Hmmmm ....... I couldn't find anything suitable in my Christmas stash until I came across this .....  well they're a form of transportation aren't they?


I wanted to keep things simple, with a nice classic look so I went with the colours cream and black with a hint of gold.

I started by creating the background, using a mask cut from copier paper and Tea Dye Distress ink, then stamped the beautiful silhouette image of the three wise men, and added a little more shading underneath just to ground them.


The star has been stamped using IndigoBlu's Flitter Glu and then Chariot of Fire Mega Flakes added
(both the star and the three wise men are from a stamp set called Joy to the World, also from IndigoBlu)


The words are from one of my favourite collections of festive greetings .....  Penny Black's 'T' for Transparent set  Christmas Cheer

Well that's it from me this weekend.  I'm off to the gym (apparently!) then it's time to get the apron on, and some gloves, and get stuck in .... it's going to get messy!

Thanks for popping by ...... have a great weekend

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

9 comments:

Redanne said...

Yes, I am sorry I missed you too - but in some ways it was probably for the best as you might have encouraged me to splash out on a new handbag, I dithered and then did not buy one! Rob was doing a roaring trade wasn't he?
Love your card, silhouettes are always stunning. Enjoy the rest of your stay over here on the mainland! Anne xx

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! Definitely transportation, you made me smile. Fab stash you bought and handbags too, cool! xxx

Kristie Goulet said...

Yes, Yes, Yes definitely a form of transportation. Love this scene. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Mrs.B said...

Sounds like you've been having fun!
Love the card, stunning scene.
Avril xx

Sue said...

I love the scene you created. So pretty!

Margaret said...

Lovely card - like the clean and simple look. And camels are the best form of transportation in the desert!

Susan Joyce said...

Fabulous card Linda, so elegant. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday again this week.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Linda love them x

Darnell said...

Leave it to you to come up with this brilliant form of transportation, Linda!! This card is precious! I hope you got honors again! I'll be waiting to find out more about this Powertex schtuff!! Hugs, Darnell