Tuesday 28 October 2014

A little bit of team work ......

Happy Tuesday to you

How's your week going?  It's a horrible day over here ..... cold, windy and very wet!!  The sort of weather that makes you want to stay snuggled up indoors ..... perfect for spending the day in the old craft room. No such luxury for me though ...... I'm off to the doctors this afternoon.  I spoke too soon I think last week, when I said I was winning the battle against the dread lurgy.  I've thrown in the towel and decided to see if the doctor can suggest anything to see it off.  Hopefully a course of antibiotics will do the trick ........ I've had enough now!!

Anyway, enough of me feeling sorry for myself ...... have you seen this month's Simply Cards & Papercraft .... issue 129?  Imagine my surprise when I saw two of my designs in there on Kay's diary page ..... whoo hoo!


I say two, one of them was actually a re-make, done by my lovely IndigoBlu teamie ...... Jenny (aka Buttons)  Thanks hun, that's what I call 'team work'!


The original was done by me, and sent off to IndigoBlu HQ a while ago .....


Kay wanted to use it as part of a magazine submission but it was the wrong colour, she wanted it blue.  Unfortunately due to deadlines etc., I didn't have the time to remake the card and get it sent off in time so, Kay said that as long as I didn't mind, Jenny was ready to re-make it for me. Thanks Jenny!
Obviously it's not exactly the same but she's done a fab job .... I knew she would!

I'd used the new IndigoBlu Rockin Robin stamp ....... stamped in Black Versafine, over 3 different sized layers of white cardstock, and embossed with a clear powder.


Each layer was mat onto some black card, leaving a small border around the edge, and then the whole picture was built up using foam pads under each piece, to add some dimension.

A touch of colour was then added using the English Cottage Acrylic Paints, mixed with a little bit of water ...... how cute is he!!


I mounted this onto a larger piece of white cardstock, that had been stamped using the beautiful Snowflake Lace, to add a bit more interest to the background


And a pretty piece of festive ribbon had been attached across the centre.

I finished off by adding a matching bow, and my sentiment ......


And of course, a touch of fine glitter and some white enamel accents add that festive sparkle.


So ..... that's one design, two different versions.  Just by changing the colour things can look so different.

I'm so proud to be part of, in my opinion, the best Design Team ......... EVER!!!

Thanks for popping by today ..... time to go to the doctors.

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Jenny really is a star, isn't she. Your card is beautiful and well done for being published - again! Hugs, Anne xx