Friday 24 October 2014

Bee happy ........

Happy Friday!

Well I'm definitely smiling ...... look what I got this morning ....


I love getting flowers and these are so pretty, and so unexpected!  I don't know what I've done to deserve them but Thank You so much to a lovely lady, and a good friend ........  Mwah!

I'm just in time for this week's Less is More Challenge ..... not quite sure what I've been doing all week but .... never mind!

The theme this week is .....
Little Creatures

It doesn't matter how little they are ...... cute, cuddly or creepy, they just have to be small

This little guy's only tiny .......


I've used my favourite Memory Box stencil for the background, and Wild Honey Distress ink.  
I then stamped the beautiful Penny Black Blush flowers directly over the top using Memento inks (Lady Bug and Pear Tart).  


I love this stamp and I've been trying to get my hands on it for ages ....... I have the small, clear version, and the PB die but I wanted the large one!  I searched websites, ebay, even had friends looking out for it at craft shows. I did borrow one from a friend for a while but, you know what it's like ...... I wanted my own!  Finally I tracked it down on a US craft store website ...... yes!!!  It's now sat on my desk and you'll probably be sick of seeing it soon ..... but I love it!!

I added in my little bee (Lavinia stamps) ..... gave him some colour and a touch of shimmer to his wings .....


I finished off with the words, from an IndigoBlu set of stamps called Bear Hugs ......


and added more of the design to the inside.


Well that's it for another week ........ only 9 more to go until Christmas.  Speaking of which, our local garden centre went all festive this week when we had a preview of their Christmas display.  I had to pop in and take a look ...... oooops!


Nothing too expensive ...... unless you count the chocolates that hubby found (£1 each they work out at ...... and they're only small! They'd better be good!)

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of Friday and have a great weekend.
I'm off to a wine tasting tonight at the Wine Cellar in Douglas....... now that could prove expensive, it's Bollinger night!!!  I do like a glass of bubbly ...... for Christmas of cousre!
And after that, we're off to my favourite restaurant for dinner ..... MacFarlane's Yum! Yum!
I'd better take it easy though ..... I've got a craft day tomorrow.  I'm not good with a hangover!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, just love how you've combined the different elements. Karen x

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful, I absolutely love that stencil and the flowers are gorgeous - and so are your flowers! Anne xx

Craftychris said...

Ooh this card is wonderful! I can see why you like that stamp, I have been looking for it too! The stencilling is brilliant, the stamping is fab and I love the little bee! xxx

Helen J said...

Lovely card, I can see why you wanted that stamp!

Tiya-B said...

your bee card is fantastic... love all the detail and design... I LOVE it!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry my visit is a little late this week!
This is super, that's a great little bee and the background is awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marika said...

Very lovely card! Love your simple background!

Anne said...

Super card, the honeycomb looks amazing - and beautiful flowers too!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer