Friday 3 October 2014

It's all about the words ......

Hello again!

OK .... who's hiding the sunshine?!!  It's changed to winter here, overnight!  We've got wind, rain, nothing but grey skies, and it's cold!!! And I've got to venture out in it soon ..... better find the umbrella or I'm going to get wet!

Before I dash off into town though I've got a card to share with you ...... my entry for this weeks Less is More Challenge.........
MOSTLY WORDS

It's a Recipe week and its all about those times when words are all you need on a card
Here's mine ......


I've added a little something extra but still kept things CAS.

I masked off a panel down the side of a piece of white cardstock then added colour using Tumbled Glass Distress ink ...... I kept this quite light because I wanted to add another colour over the top.

With the masking still in place, I used a cute Bubble Stencil and inked through with Spun Sugar Distress ink ..... going darker in places to add shading


I then removed the masking and added the all important words ......


Love these words ..... it was one of my purchases from the show in Manchester recently, from Inkylicious.

You can see I added Glossy Accents to some of the bubbles and topped it off with some fine crystal glitter.

That's it for toady ..... I can't stay warm and dry in the old craft room any longer ..... I've got stuff to do! 

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the weekend.  If you're going to Happy Stampers at Port Sunlight, or the GNPE at Harrogate then I'm soooo jealous!  Have a great time .... spend loads!! 
I couldn't really do another trip across to the UK this weekend, seeing as I only got back from the last one on Monday (bad planning there!),  I'll be at the next one though ..... maybe I'll see you there!

Cheerio until next time 

Linda
xx  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, love how you've done the side panel. Karen x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is beautiful Linda.
Stunningly pretty and elegant with the most fabulous sentiment
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

cotnob said...

This a gorgeous card Linda, I just love your sentiment.
Pauline
x

Sid said...

Linda, I just love your card !!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late with this visit, this is fabulous... what a stunning sentiment, I must remember that!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue said...

Linda, I love this card and I hope you don't mind if I CASE it. I love that sentiment, too!

lesley lawton said...

I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS CARD!! it would be easy to use for all types of words even sympathy and i love inkylicious stamps too xx

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Linda, and what a brilliant sentiment! Went to Port Sunlight, spent loads, had a good time ;)