Thursday 30 October 2014

A little bit of newsprint .....

Happy Thursday!

The weekend's fast approaching again ...... another week gone and I've hardly done anything!  Family stuff has had to take priority this week ..... why is life never easy?!

On a brief visit to the old craft room, I've managed to join in the fun over at Less is More.
It's a Recipe Week ...... with just one ingredient

NEWSPRINT

We can use as much, or as little as we like ...... it just has to be CAS with lots of white space.

I've definitely gone for the 'less is more' approach with this one .......


Very clean and simple ...... loads of white space ..... and I've used the all important Newsprint ingredient


It's the Newsprint Holly background stamp from Creative Studios, stamped in a green Memento ink and then I've fussy cut out a couple of the leaves and layered them onto my card.

I stamped the festive greeting in the centre of my card and then used the holly leaves to embellish.
A few tiny red gemstones for the berries, and a layer of matching red card and I'm done!


Another of the holly leaves adds the finishing touch to the inside too


I said it was a brief visit to the craft room!!

I also got this year's Halloween pumpkin done too ..... with a little help from a certain young man ......


I think he's more scary than the pumpkin!!!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day. 
There'll be no time to spend in the craft room today, we've got a flat to empty and clean!  Dinner's already on the go in the slow cooker ....... so I'd better go find my 'domestic goddess' hat!

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

8 comments:

Sid said...

A gorgeous Seasonal card ! Love it's simplicity !

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Linda, such a fabulous CAS design and the inside is just as perfect as the front.
Pauline
x

Redanne said...

The card is very beautiful Linda and I love the gorgeous pumpkin too. The certain young man is doing a good job of being scary too! Anne xx

Chrissie said...

What fabulous stamping Linda... so clean!
Terrific card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Craftychris said...

I love this CAS card - fabulous and classy! The pumpkin looks cool and a lovely photo of your little helper too! xxx

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda, love the CAS design on the inside too.
Your little man was certainly a good model for that pumpkin.
Avril xx

Anne said...

Linda what a great CAS design, so stylish!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super classy Christmas make Linda and love your CAS use of newsprint; great attention to detail inside the card too.
Sorry I didn't get to you last week with being away but thanks for joining the challenge.
Sarah xx
Less is More