Sunday 26 October 2014

Not the usual colour ..... but I think I like it!

Hello again,

Twice in one day ..... whatever next!

I'm up against the clock, as usual, with this week's Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.
This week the challenge is to use non-traditional Christmas Colours ........


I must admit, I've always been a bit of a traditional girl when it comes to the festive season ..... I love my reds, greens, and golds.  However saying that, I do like to add in the odd bit of black and white now and then, a touch of rich purple maybe, and not forgetting those icy blues of course.

With old Mr Mojo still refusing to make an appearance, I took my inspiration from this week's Challenge picture, and went with the pink and lilac look .......  and I must say,  I do quite like it!


I used Brilliance inks in Pearlescent Orchid (pink) and Pearlescent Purple for the trees (yes, those gorgeous Clarity trees again) ....


and the words have been stamped using Sweet Plum Memento ink.


A touch of fine crystal glitter adds a little sparkle, and I finished off with a couple of tiny clear gems to embellish the words.

The design carries on on the inside of the card too .......



You can tell the clocks went back last night ...... it's only just gone 4 and it's starting to go dark already ...... winter is coming!

Thanks for popping by again ..... enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
I'm off to put my feet up in front of the TV and watch the football ..... my Chelsea boys are playing Manchester United ....... BIG game!  Come on you Blues!!!

See you again next week

Cheerio for now

Linda 
xx

8 comments:

!neke said...

Linda this card is great, the inside is beautiful !
greetings from !neke

Redanne said...

I would never have chosen those colours but wow, don't they look fabulous - great job Linda. Anne xx

Marika said...

Lovely card! Very peaceful and elegant!

Margaret said...

These colours really work for a Xmas card - beautiful!

Bonnie said...

You are making me want these trees, Linda! They are so pretty in the pink and purple! Love the way you've done the inside too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Sue said...

Linda, these trees are gorgeous! Very, very pretty. We set our clocks back next weekend. So glad for the extra hour of sleep, not so glad that it will be getting dark a lot sooner and also means winter is around the corner.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Linda, your card is simply beautiful! Love the pinks/purples and touch of shimmer! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Darnell said...

Your nontraditional trees are pure joy, Linda!! I'm so pinning this!! It's another winner in my book! Hugs, Darnell