Sunday 26 October 2014

Shirley-Bee has a birthday!!!

Happy Sunday!

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Shirley-Bee
Happy Birthday to You!!!

Yes you've guessed it ...... it's Shirley's birthday today and there's a party going on!!! The lovely Maria is hosting a surprise Blog Linky Party to celebrate and I'm thrilled to have been invited.

You all know Shirley, of Shirley Bee's Stamping Stuff ........... supertalented, creates fabulous works of art and now designs her own range of rubber stamps ........ the Bees Knees (of course!)  And she's also my DT teamie over at the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge.

I know how much Shirley likes to splodge and spritz, and she loves flowers, so this is what I created for her birthday .......


I've used the IndigoBlu Large Sunflower stamp, stamped onto watercolour card and embossed using a clear powder.
I then made a mask to cover the bloom whilst I spritzed the background using the brand new Distress Stain Sprays ...... these are fab!!!!


I used the same colours in the Distress Markers to add colour to the sunflower ...... applied using a water brush to give that nice watercoloured effect


I added an extra layer with my sentiment on (from the winnie & walter set .....  The Big the Bold & the Happy)


And carried on the design on the inside .....


It should, hopefully, have arrived with Shirley in time for her birthday ..... as it was going in the post I even decorated the envelope ......


If you'd like to join in the fun, and wish Shirley a 'Happy Birthday' you've got time,  the link up is open until Sunday November 9th.

Have a fabulous birthday hun ........ you deserve it!!!

Thanks for popping by .... cheerio until next time.

Linda
xx

6 comments:

maria f. said...

Oh you lucky - Distress Stain sprays. Another thing I didn't know I needed... Love all the spritzing and splodging. Shirley will certainly appreciate it too. Thanks for coming to her party!

Irish Cherokee said...

Spectacular coloring. Love your attention to the details. Shirley will love it. - Jim

Redanne said...

I must one of a few who does not know Shirley but you sure have done her proud with this gorgeous card Linda, love your spritzing. I am loving the new sprays too! Anne xx

Deepti said...

Love all the spritzing and off the edge sun flower :) lovely card !

Darnell said...

I think you might get the prize (were there one) for the best Shirley card CASE, Linda! This is incredible splattering and splodging and spritzing outside, inside, and on the envie! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Linda - love all that splattering! (It did arrive in time for my birthday.) Thank you so much for joining in the party and helping to celebrate my birthday :)