Thursday 6 November 2014

12 Tags of Christmas ..... with Loll & Friends

Hi there!

Now you know me, I love making tags and I can't resist a challenge, so when I spotted this I couldn't wait to join in the fun.


If you don't already know Loll then you should definitely pop over and check out her Blog ...... Stamping with Loll.  It's always full of inspiration and fab ideas, a real gem in Blogland.

Anyhow ...... Loll's got this great little event going on.  She's got together with some very talented friends and they're showcasing 12 days of Christmas themed, Mixed Media* tags (Ho! Ho! Ho!) and it all started on Monday this week.

For this event, Mixed Media is defined as stamps + ink, plus two other elements which add texture and/or dimension.
  
I'm a little late in coming to the party ..... it's now Day 4 so I'm playing catch up!  But hey! better late than never.

Here's my Day 1 tag .....

Tag #1

The tag started out white ..... I inked around the edges using Distress inks (Antique Linen/Tea Dye & Vintage Photo), then I applied texture paste through one of the fab Tim Holtz stencils to give me my background.
Once the paste was dry, I placed the stencil back over the image and used more Distress inks to add colour


I then die cut the Tattered Poinsettia from red cardstock, and stamped over the top using the IndigoBlu Sheet Music stamp


Before layering up the flower I sprinkled each layer with a touch of Chunky White Embossing Powder and heat set, and to finish off the bloom I added a small rusty sleigh bell to the centre.

To finish the look I added a couple of seasonal berries and a few pearls .......


a touch more of the chunky embossing powder here and there to give the look of snow


and of course a festive greeting.

Well that's tag number 1 done ..... three more to go to catch up!

The event is open for two weeks so there's plenty of time if you fancy joining in the fun.

Better get my thinking cap on for Tag number 2!

Thanks for popping by ......
Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! Linda, you have rocked this challenge! Wowza!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous tag Linda. LOVE all your mixed media layers. Your eb paste stenciled bg is perfect for your dimensional beautiful poinsettia. TFS and giving us a detailed description

Loll said...

Gorgeous tag Linda!! LOVE the traditional green and red ... add a little bit of vintage and it's perfect! Love the sponged background with the coloured paste on top ... makes so much interest, texture and depth. The musical stamped poinsettia is BEAUTIFUL! Amazing with the shaping to give it lots of dimension ... the rusty sleigh bell is awesome! Love the added sprigs of berries and pearls. Thanks so much for joining in my tag event!! Loll xx

Susan said...

I saw your tag on Loll's blog. It is beautiful! Thanks for explaining how you did it!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning tag! I love the embossed BG and music score on the poinsettia! The rusty looking jingle bell is so neat! Sue N

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful tag! I love how you did your background...that is just so cool looking! Love your musical poinsettia too! Very creative! :0)

Brenda said...

Oh my, what a stunning tag! I love the vintage feel this tag has, the attention to detail is amazing!! Hugs, Brenda