Friday 21 November 2014

More than one tree ........

Happy Friday folks!!

What a busy week ........ and it's not over yet!

It's been one of those whirlwind sort of days ....... spent the morning putting the world to rights and having coffee with friends, always fun!  Then it was a quick dash into town to pick up something special for dinner tomorrow.  And I've even managed a quick visit to the old craft room to finish my entry for this weeks  Less is More challenge, before we're off out for an early dinner and cocktails to celebrate Chris's graduation. (Thanks for all your comments and congrats by the way ..... Chris say's Thank You to you all too!)

It's Theme Week over at LIM, and with Christmas cards in mind they've chosen ....

MORE THAN ONE TREE

My first thought was to use those gorgeous Clarity trees ....... again!  But don't worry, I changed my mind ...... I think they've been used enough (for this week!).  

Instead, out came one of my Tim Holtz stamps .......


CAS as always for LIM ...... lots of white space too!

I started by masking off a section on a piece of white cardstock, and then using Distress inks (Stormy Sky/Faded Jeans/Chipped Sapphire) created the winter landscape.

I then stamped the trees using black Versafine ink and added a sprinkling of Chunky White embossing powder


I removed all the masking and added a simple festive greeting to finish off


And, in true LindyLou fashion ....... added the design to the inside


Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your Friday and have a great weekend!

I'll be back at some point, when I have a little more time to chat ....... I've a few things to share with you.  But, for now, it's time to go through the usual ritual when getting ready to go out ..... you know, the old 'I've nothing to wear ..... but you have a wardrobe FULL of clothes' routine.  The wardrobe may be full ....... but I still can't find the right thing!  Oh well ..... I'm sure I'll come up with something.   Maybe a glass of bubbly will help ....... Cheers folks!

Until next time .......

Linda
xx 

11 comments:

Bobby said...

I just saw this over at Less is More and had to come check it out. It's gorgeous, Linda. I love that you made a narrow panel for the trees and the inked background is fabulous. I also love the name of your blog. :-)

Meg said...

This is a very pretty card!

Redanne said...

Really beautiful, love how you masked off, it looks so effective and I always love how you finish off your cards inside too. Anne xx

Darnell said...

Stunning, Linda, inside and out! I think your masking and inking are superb, but the little bits of snow just take it over the top to stunning!! Have a great time celebrating!! Hugs, Darnell

AJ Bodine said...

Lovely, so peaceful! What do you use to mask off your borders when you are distressing with inks?

Sazzle Dazzle said...

AB-FAB Linda. Stunning in fact.
Love your sprinkling of embossing powder ... just wondering is that really how you've done that (with a versamark pen) ... hmmm may have to give that a little go. Looks great.
Thanks as always for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

Linda said...

No Versamark pen Sarah ...... literally just sprinkled the embossing powder over and then heated from underneath (so that it doesn't fly everywhere). Thanks for visiting xx

Linda said...

Thanks for you comment AJ ...... I use low-tack tape and copier paper for masking sections off on cards, nothing fancy! xx

Chrissie said...

Just catching up with last week's comments!
This is wonderful Linda, the embossing powder makes great snow!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Like that chunky embossing powder you added!
Super card
Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Skye said...

A fantastic card. I love the design and the use of embossing powder - a great idea.