Wednesday 10 December 2014

A Colour challenge .......

Happy Wednesday!

It's the middle of another week, only 2 more to go and it'll be Christmas Eve ...... oooooh!!  Are you ready for it .... I know I'm not!

I've actually got a card to share with you today ...... for this weeks Less is More Challenge.
Speaking of which, I'm proud to say I was ShowCASed again last week with my Jingle All the Way card (another happy little dance around the craft room!)  Each week there's so many fabulous entries for these challenges, so it's always nice to be chosen for the ShowCASe .... thank you so much ladies!

This week it's a colour challenge .......... how gorgeous is this


I've gone for a nice CAS snowflake design  (still making last minute Christmas cards!!) ......


Sorry about the picture quality but the light was terrible yesterday when I was taking these photos.

I masked off the top section of a piece of white card, adding a curved edge to my paper to give a bit more interest.
I then stamped my snowflakes across the top section, using Versamark ink and then embossed with a white powder.
With the mask still in place I added colour over the snowflakes using different shades of Blue Distress inks ........ and then splashed a little clean water over the ink, let it sit for a few seconds and removed the excess with kitchen roll.  This technique gives a nice mottled effect to the background ..... a bit like falling snow I think.

The embossing acts as a resist to the ink, so once you've reached the depth of colour your happy with, use a piece of kitchen roll to buff over the snowflakes and remove any excess ink.  Obviously the darker the colour of the background, the more the snowflakes will stand out.


After removing the mask, I added some fine crystal glitter to the snowflakes and along the edge of the inked section .....


A pretty gemstone and a some festive words finish everything off nicely.

Inside I stamped and embossed more snowflakes .......



and added a touch of colour over the top.

I'm going AWOL this afternoon ...... to a craft workshop.  I'm having a well earned afternoon of 'me time' before I have to dust off my Delia hat tomorrow, and work wonders in the kitchen, preparing a buffet for 20+ people ...... and it's not just anyone, it's all Stephen's office colleagues, and partners, and HIS BOSS!!!  No pressure then ....... !!!!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda 
xx

9 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Linda, pretty embossed snowflakes and lovely inked background.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Your card is lovely!!! I really like the look the water droplets give the distress ink- it does look like snow.

Redanne said...

Another gorgeous card, love the detail you added to the front and of course the way you have finished it off inside - always so professional! Well done on being showcased too. Hugs, Anne xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A super elegant card Linda and just perfect for our CAS colour challenge.
I've had to skip the bit in your post about how many weeks we've got left ... didn't want to panic more!!!! Hee hee!
Thanks so much as always for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Loll said...

So pretty! Love your snowflakes and sponged sky Linda. Congrats on your ShowCASE at LIM! Great design! Loll xx

Julie B said...

Love the soft floaty feeling you achieved here. :)

Chrissie said...

What lovely inky effects Linda!
Super card!
Thanks so much for joining us!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Super card Linda, I love the way the sentiment curves to match the hill
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

AlisonC said...

Your inking and stamping is lovely with those delicate snow flakes. The inside is just lovely. I always forget the inside. It really makes the card special.