Wednesday 3 December 2014

A little bit of Clarity

Happy Wednesday folks,

And Happy December to you ..... it's the first chance I've had to blog this week!  Not sure what I've been doing exactly, I haven't spent any time in the old craft room I know that! but ..... hey ho, half way through the week already!!

How are your preparations going for the big day?  Only 3 weeks to go until Christmas Eve (eeek!!) And apparently (thanks to hubby) ....... we're getting well and truly into the festive spirit by throwing a Christmas party at ours ....... NEXT THURSDAY!!!!!!  As if I haven't enough to plan! I'll keep you posted on how that's going!

Remember a while back, a couple of my crafty friends and I got together and we spent the day playing with Gelli plates ...... well, here's one of the results from then


It's my version of one of Barbara Gray's cards that she did on the telly a couple of months ago.  I actually watched her create this in the flesh so to speak, at the Clarity Open Day back in September ..... in fact this card was the reason I bought the large Gelli Plate (didn't really use the small one that I already had in my stash but I needed the big one!) and the mega mount  and the stamps and the masks etc., etc.!!! That lady has a lot to answer for!!!  Only joking ..... I love her to bits!

The branch and the birds (both from Clarity Stamp) were stamped first, then the birds were masked off and the backgrounds were created on the Gelli Plate using Distress inks and a scrunched up piece of copier paper ..... love the effect


The masks were removed and a touch of colour was added to the little birds using Spectrum Noir Pencils ..... sooo cute!  The sentiment is from the Scribbly Birds set by Dina Wakley


I had a little piece of the background card left over ....... you know how I don't like to waste anything, so I used it up inside the card


Well, that was a nice change from all the Christmas stuff!  Don't worry ..... it'll all be back later in the week ..... I still have cards to make!

I'm hoping to make a start on the decorations tonight ..... because the tree still isn't up!!!!
The plan is, to get dinner out of the way, the Christmas boxes down from the loft (haven't mentioned that to hubby yet!) then it's just me and Mr Buble for the evening (I wish!)  

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy your Wednesday.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

!neke said...

I think it is always great to decorate the inside !
Love the stamping !

Craftychris said...

Lovely card! Fab Gelli plate background. Enjoy your evening! xxx