Saturday 6 December 2014

Be careful what you wish for ........

Happy weekend everyone!

And a BIG Hello and Welcome to my new followers .....thank you ladies for joining me it's so nice to have you along.

Me and my big mouth, be careful what you wish for and all that ........ well, after yesterday morning's post (I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!) we had the first snow on the island.  Oh Yes!, the white stuff has started falling up on the mountains


Brrrr ..... looks a bit chilly!

photos from 3FM Isle of Man

I believe the mountain road was actually closed for a while.  Thankfully it was all clear when we ventured up there last night.  We drove over to Ramsey for the evening, a spot of late night shopping then a lovely meal out.  There was still a little bit of snow on the mountains, you could just about see it because the moon was shining ...... very Christmassy!

Still in the festive spirit ..... I've got my Christmas card for this weeks Merry Monday Challenge


We have to use a bird somewhere on our design.  I went for the festive little robin ..... just the one


There are those Clarity trees again ........ a nice quick and easy winter forest, stamped in black Versafine ink along the edge of a paper mask


I sprinkled that chunky white embossing powder over the top to give the look of falling snow and added in a few tiny dots of fine crystal glitter to add a touch of sparkle

I stamped my sentiment on the bottom (Penny Black) and then added the cute little robin (also from Penny black) to the side


He's been coloured using a mix of  Copic Markers and Distress inks, and another sprinkling of glitter finishes off his Santa hat! ...... soooo cute!

One of his little pals sneaked onto the inside of the card to create another winter scene ......


Same old Clarity trees, but this time the words are from a Stampin Up! set, and the little guy's been coloured just as before ......


I think it's time I started sending out a few of these Christmas cards don't you ....... there's another job for next week!

Well, I'd better dash ..... we're off out again tonight.  It's time to eat, drink and be merry at the Poker Stars Christmas Party this evening.
The dress have been pressed, shoes bag etc., all picked out, jewellery sorted, now I just have my nails to do.
Hubby on the other hand, needs to sort out his suit, choose a shirt and tie, AND pop out and get some new shoes ......why do men always leave things to the last minute?!  I'm not venturing into town this afternoon ..... he's on his own there I'm afraid!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Stay warm!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

9 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Awesome card! I love the inside as much as I do the outside! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very sweet bird, Linda! Love the scene you created. Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Sue said...

I love those robins! I have yet to use them though. Beautiful card, Linda!

Greta said...

Oh wow, Linda--another wonderful card!

Bonnie said...

Love these little robins that always make me smile and they look very nice with your stand of trees and falling snow! Another masterpiece, Linda! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

julie said...

Lovely card Linda just love the cute Robin great colours. Guess what it has been snowing here this morning too but the rain washed it away again have a good weekend lots of love Julie xxx

Renee said...

Stay warm! Love the sweet card, the little bird in the snow is adorable.

Loll said...

Looks like you got your wish Linda ... so pretty with the dusting of white snow. :) Your bird is adorable ... love this card and will have to look into these beautiful tree stamps! Loll xx

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up - gorgeous card and the robins is so sweet.
Avril xx