Friday 30 January 2015

It's time to do it all again ....... the first Tag of 2015!

Hi there .... me again!

Twice in one day! .... whatever next!?  You've probably guessed what's coming ...... after all, the last day of the month is fast approaching, and that can only mean one thing in the old craft room ..... yep! I'm doing it all again this year ...... Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015 ..... yeah!!

I know!......I know! .......  I said I wasn't going to leave them until the end of the month this time but, it hasn't been the best start to the year, what with one thing and another.  At least I've done it .... and there's still a whole day left!!!

This was Tim's inspiration ..... a nice but of bling to start 2015!


It's not my favourite tag, I must admit ..... but it is full of fab techniques.  I won't go into detail here but if you'd like to see how it was all put together there's a great, easy to follow, step by step guide over on Tim's Blog

Here's my version .....


I gave my tag more of a pinky tone to it (sorry about the picture .... no natural light!)

My glitter is a mix of Antique Linen Distress Glitter and a bronze shade from my stash, and you can see I've used an Idea-ology Pen nib instead of the arrow ..... I only had the large ones left in my stash and they were a little too big! (note to self ..... order another pack of the metal arrows!)


I used lots of the Chit Chat stickers .....


And I think I was a little heavy handed on the spritzing of the Gold pen ..... but it works.  The tag is lovely and shiny in real life!


Well, that's January's tag done ......... let's see if I can get February's finished a little earlier in the month shall we!

By the way, look what popped through my letterbox this morning whilst I was out .......


...... lovely new stash!!!!  Guess what I'll be doing this weekend, if I get the chance!!!

Thanks for popping by ...... have a fabulous weekend, whatever you're up to.  And ... if you've got snow, then stay warm and stay safe!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Every time I'm here, I'm singing the Eagles song...slowly makes me want to lose my mind! Wonderful take on the tag!

Redanne said...

It is worth the second visit, your tag is fantastic Linda, I love it - a lot!

I got some of those new goodies today too, I love this new release by Tim so much.....! Enjoy! Hugs, Anne xx