Sunday 11 January 2015

Just when you thought Christmas was over .......

Happy Sunday to you,

Right .....let's try and get this whole blogging thing back on track shall we.  We're well into January and I've only blogged once!!! ...... how rubbish am I! (don't answer that!)

The reason there's been no blog posts is, I've had nothing to blog!  The old craft room still isn't functioning as it should I'm afraid, plus, I've had family stuff going on etc., etc., but enough of the excuses ..... there is light at the end of the tunnel .... I think!  What with all the brand new products launching soon (have you seen all the sneak peeks ..... OMG!! I need to win the lottery!) Blog Challenges getting underway again, and having time on my hands to play (for now!) who knows what will happen.

Speaking of Blog challenges, my favourite festive one got underway this week. Yes, the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge is back  ..... Ho! Ho! Ho!


Just when you thought you were all Christmas'd out, it's time to dust off the seasonal stash again and start on this years designs!

Challenge #140 (first one of the year) is ........

Snowflakes
we have to use a snowflake on our designs


A quick and easy start for me ....... (I'm sending a search party out for the old mojo so hopefully things will get better) ...... I've used a snowflake though!


No detailed explanation needed ..... inked cardstock with various shades of blue Distress inks, then spritzed with water to remove some of the colour


(BREAKING NEWS .......new colours of Distress being released this year ..... one new colour each month, in all of the Distress ranges - ink pads, re-inkers, markers, paint, stain and sprays ...... can not wait!!!!)

Sentiment stamped on the bottom ....Tim Holtz Mini Handwritten Holidays


and of course, finished with the required, glittery snowflake


Not forgetting the inside too .....


Same inks, same technique, same stamp set .....


Well, that's Christmas card number one done and it's not even the middle of January!!

Don't worry ....... I'll only be going festive once a week, the rest of the time will be spent trying to find the old mojo.

I'll be back soon to share something that I've been trying to start for ages ...... something that's all new to me ..... but feels like it could be a lot of fun!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous! Fab inky background for the sparkly snowflake and the sentiment font is so cool! xxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Glad to read I'm not the only one making a slow start to the year!
Love the CAS look of this card - great to get an early start.
Avril xx

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful CAS card Linda, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Redanne said...

I don't think your mojo has gone very far Linda, I love the wonderful background you created and that single snowflake is gorgeous. You are so right about all the new releases - I think I might just be bankrupt before too long!! Hugs, Anne xx

joy said...

very pretty, Linda! I love the font of Tim's sentiments; might have to purchase that set. I now have one Christmas card made for 2015!! WooHoo!

Sue said...

Just love this CAS card! I'm so excited about the new TH colors being released in 2015 too! The first color is really pretty! Can't wait to see and buy the rest!

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Linda! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!