Sunday 15 February 2015

Candy Canes for Merry Monday

Happy Sunday!

I hope you all had a nice day yesterday ........ I take it all back what I said about hubby.  He may not have chosen my Valentines card himself but ..... these were all down to him .....


Gorgeous aren't they!  I even got lunch out ..... so I had a lovely day!

On to the crafty stuff ..... it's that time of the week again for my little bit of festive cheer ........ it's the Merry Monday's Christmas Card challenge.
This week it's all about Candy Canes .....


Not something I have a lot of in my Christmas stash I'm afraid ..... but here's this week's entry


Very CAS ..... I love white on white .... and I found some of the required Candy Canes

I die cut the letters .... 2 of each, from plain white card stock, and layered them together for more depth


I attached them across the centre(ish) of a piece of white card and stamped the word 'Christmas' underneath ..... from the SU stamp set Endless Wishes.

I stamped my little Candy Canes twice onto a separate piece of card and coloured them using Copic Markers.
I then fussy cut them .... one the whole image, and just the bow from the second one.  These were then layered together and attached to the card using foam pads ..... so cute!


You know I had to decorate the inside too .....


Well ... that's it from me for today ........ short and sweet.  We've got family and friends coming round for a Sunday lunch and I really should be in the kitchen with my domestic goddess hat on, and not sat here in my PJ's!
We're having smoked salmon to start, followed by traditional roast sirloin of beef with all the trimmings. New York cheesecake with mixed berries and cream for dessert, or cheese and biscuits. I'd better get a move on ...... the vegetables won't prepare themselves! (Maybe one more coffee first though)

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your Sunday!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

11 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfectly CAS, Linda! My kind of card. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Wendy said...

This card is just perfect, Linda! Love all the crispness of the all white card and your adorable candy cane image! It just pops off the card! Totally love this and the inside! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Linda, I love this layout and the clean design. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Darnell said...

Ooooh, boy, your man came through big time, Linda!! Well done!! The same goes for your brilliantly CAS card for the MM challenge!! It looks like another winner to me!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Love this card, inside and out!! I love white on white, too. The images is perfect! You did a great job!!

http:/drdeweypibbs.blogspot.com said...

Very classy!!!

Loll said...

Lucky you ... that is one gorgeous bouquet! Your hubby did good! :) LOVE this CAS Christmas card. The white-on-white of the Merry is awesome ... and those sweet candy candes really pop with the colour. Loll xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh it's perfect - LOVE it! And the flowers are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Bonnie said...

Love all that white space, Linda! And those tiny little candy canes are just the right amount of color! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Sharron said...

Love your fantastic CAS design! The little candy canes are so adorable!

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate you on yet another win at MM! So well deserved, Linda! I do not know why you aren't on that design team!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell