Thursday 5 February 2015

I've given in to temptation ....... finally!

Happy Thursday!

This week is flying by ....... and, the countdown begins.  Four weeks today and I'll be on my first trip of the year, off the island .... whoo hoo!!!  It's proving to be a long winter .... although I shouldn't really be calling it 'winter' at the moment, although we do have quite a bit of snow on the mountains as we found out over the weekend!
The weather's been absolutely gorgeous since the weekend ..... we've had lovely blue skies and sunshine.  It's still a bit on the chilly side but I can put up with that if it's sunny.

Even the flowers are thinking about blooming.  We went out for a stroll on Sunday and passed a beautiful carpet of snowdrops (we were in the car and I wasn't quick enough with the camera!) then I spotted this little thing making an entrance down in Glen Helen .....


Even though there's no leaves on the trees yet, it was still very green down there ......


And the sun shone through nicely on the Rhenass waterfall ......


Stephen and Lauren ventured up to the top ..... me and the little man, we waited at the bottom


Anyway, like I said, 4 weeks today I'll be on my way to the UK ..... oh and it'll be my birthday too .... 21 again!

Do you remember last week, I went AWOL from the old craft room, and spent some time with my crafty buddies.  Well, we had a play with the Brusho Paints .........  and I'm hooked!!!  And it's cost me a small fortune ..... finally!!!! (I knew it would!)  
I've had my eye on these little babies for months ....... thanks to the lovely Eileen Godwin from Eileen's Crafty Zone, and up until now I've successfully talked myself out of buying them.  Now .... I've got the full set of 24 and the 8 new colours on their way!!! (you know me, I have to have the lot!)

Whilst I was in the craft room this week, doing some Design Team stuff .......(which you'll see tomorrow) ...... I decided to use one of the results from last Friday's play session and actually make it into a card.

Ta dah!!!! ........ what do you think?  Not bad for a first attempt .......


Don't ask me what colours I used ..... I think it was Scarlet, Lemon and Orange or something like that, onto watercolour card and spritzed quite heavily with water then left to dry.


I love how it turned out.

I then used one of my Sweet Poppy stencils, and some Black Soot Distress ink to add the design over the top.
Once the ink was dry I put the stencil back over the image and added some clear Texture Paste over the top of the ink


 A little sentiment and some matting and layering finish off the front .....


And in true LindyLou fashion ....... the inside has had the stencil treatment too .....


This time I just used Distress Inks, in similar colours to the Brusho background ....... Wild Honey, Scattered Straw and Picked Raspberry.


Guess what I'm going to be playing with again this weekend!!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Jane said...

Gorgeous! Wonder if you ended up plastered in brusho like I always do and then just when you think you're all clear one tiny speck says otherwise. Love the photos of the beautiful isle too!

ElizabethR said...

That's so gorgeous Linda, haven't given in to the brusho's yet, but won't be long lol. Glen Helen looks lovely, Elizabeth xxx

Mrs.B said...

Love your Brusho piece - they make fabulous backgrounds - I just need some time to 'play' with mine.
Love the photos from your walk.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love this more subtle use of the Brushos. Usually they are great splashes of vivid color. I like seeing them a different way too. I've bought into that too and have yet to have a play with them. Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful 21st (again) birthday!

Redanne said...

A fantastic first attempt Linda, your card is beautiful. I only have five and have not mastered them yet but sure are fun to play with. I look forward to seeing more of yours! Hugs, Anne xx

Craftychris said...

Ooh stunning! I need to play with my Brushos - my first attempt was terrible! Yours is awesome! xxx