Friday 1 May 2015

It's a new month .... and there's a brand new challenge theme ....

Happy Friday folks!

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!  1st of May, it's the first Friday of the month .... so it's time for a new challenge over on the Craft Stamper Blog.
It's the turn of  'Take a Stamp' again this month so that means Anything Goes ..... as long as there's stamping on there somewhere.

It looks like you all enjoyed last month's challenge, to Use Colour ...... as always we had some fab entries.  You don't half make it difficult for the DT to choose our Design Winner!!

Back to this month though ...... and basically Anything Goes!  You just need to make sure you follow the challenge rules, there's not many (you'll find them on the Blog) and don't forget ....... there has to be some stamping on your project somewhere!!

Our sponsors this month are the fantastic WOW! Embossing Powders

And what a prize we have for you ...... a set of 6 Vintage Embossing Glitters in their own case, plus a beautiful Lace Design stamp



Fancy adding that to your craft stash ........ well here's a little something to hopefully inspire you to give this month's challenge a go ......


The weather has been so nice over here the last few weeks ..... I'm feeling quite summery hence the nice bright colours.
I used a piece of mixed media cardstock, wet it all over with water and then used some Distress Paints to add the colour ....... because the card is wet the colours blend so easily.  I started off with Picked Raspberry across the top, then into the gorgeous Abandoned Coral (I love this new colour!!!). Next came a touch of Scattered Straw, finishing off with Cracked Pistachio (another new favourite!) Speaking of new Distress colours ..... I wonder what this month will bring.  All will be revealed later today .... I wonder if it's a purple shade, or pink maybe ....... I can't wait!


I stamped the pretty butterfly from Tim Holtz's new Perspective stamp set onto the coloured card using Black Archival ink.  I then stamped them again, this time onto white cardstock, and embossed them using a clear powder


I then coloured them using the Distress Paints along with a little water.

Once everything was dry, I fussy cut the butterflies from the white card and attached them directly over the top of my stamped images on the coloured background ..... don't they stand out!


To finish off I added the perfect words .... from Wendy Vecchi .....


and a few paint splats using a wet brush and some white acrylic paint.


Not one to waste anything .... I even used up the bit I cut off my coloured card to add some interest to the inside ....


Now it's your turn ...... get out that stash and get stamping.  Remember ... it can be anything you like .... a card, altered art, a home decor piece, it's entirely up to you.  All we ask is that there's stamping on there somewhere.
You have until May 27th to get your entries in .... you've got to be in it to win it!!  Have fun and Good Luck!

Thanks for popping by .....enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend.  Are you doing anything nice?

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Gorgous!

Ellie Knol said...

LOVELY!!

Mandi said...

I love your card Linda! I love butterflies :) I have been trying to get my hands on the new distress colours, but they are like gold dust ha!

Loll said...

Gorgeous Linda! Love all the beautiful colours on this card. And love the dimension from your fussy-cut butterflies. xx

Redanne said...

I never tire of seeing the Perspectives butterfly - especially when you use it - this is a stunning card! Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell said...

What a fabulous thing to do with that cut-off bit, Linda!! It's a neat surprise to have the awesome art from the outside carried over! This card is magical!! Hugs, Darnell

Gaylynn said...

This is beautiful inside and out. Lovely butterfly.