Tuesday 19 May 2015

I've been colouring in again ........

Happy Tuesday!

Another short week for me this week ...... I'm off on another trip to the UK on Friday so I need to get my skates on and get sorted!  Lots to do, as usual, before I get on that plane.

Today's out though ..... it's crafting over in Ballaugh this afternoon ...... it's the third Tuesday of the month ...... Maggie's workshop, with time for a quick stop for coffee on the way.

Before I dash off to get my craft bags ready, I've got another card for you using my Spectrum Noir Pencils ...... I'm loving these at the moment (just ordered another set ..... sshhh! .... don't tell anyone!!)


Another of my current favourites ...... one of the latest stamps from Penny Black, this particular one is called demure ...... (it has a matching stencil too!)  They've just released a brand new collection called Sunshine and Smiles with even more gorgeous images ...... watch out for those!

I've stamped the flowers onto a piece of white cardstock and then used my Spectrum Noir pencils to colour each of the blooms


These pencils really do blend well .... with no effort at all, and the colours are gorgeous!

I added a touch of Distress ink around the edges and on to the background, spritzed with water to take some of the colour away and then, using a wet paint brush I splattered the background with even more ink (swiped the ink pad onto my craft sheet ..... spritzed the ink with water and used the brush to pick up the colour and splatter onto the card .... simple!)




Once the Distress Ink was dry I added a few more splatters over the top, this time using the Dylusions Ink Spray in White Linen ..... I love how some of the ink has landed onto the coloured flowers, adds a bit more interest.

I added a sentiment ......


And a little something on the inside ......


Another one for my card stash ...... it's building up nicely again.

Well I didn't get much time to spend in the old craft room over the weekend ..... it was parties, ice cream and playgrounds ...... all with the little man of course.
I think I must have over done the mint choc chip because I didn't feel too good yesterday ......... thought I was coming down with something but I'm fine this morning .... thankfully!  I can do without the lurgy paying a visit this week ...... I've got a workshop to go to at the weekend!!

Got to dash ...... Pyjamas and slippers is not a good look for the coffee shop!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

6 comments:

Kath said...

This is a beautiful card and I love your colouring.
Kath x

!neke said...

Great coloring !
Love the inside !!!!

AJ Bodine said...

I just bought this PB stamp not long ago and I'm thrilled to see a gorgeous card like this made with it. Very inspiring, you've done a lovely job!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful coloring of this sweet stamp! Love the background shading and spatters too!

Sue - said...

Great colouring and love the splatty background!

Mrs.B said...

Just had a catch up. Lots of gorgeous creations. The colouring on this looks fabulous. Yo seem to have mastered those pencils
Avril xx