Thursday 4 June 2015

Two legs or four .......

Hmmmmm ......

Happy Thursday folks,
A bit late in the day but ....... better late than never eh!

The reason I'm blogging at this time is we've been out and about catching up with one of the TT Practice Sessions.
It's been such a nice day, it was a shame not to take advantage of the sunshine ....... so I put a picnic tea together and off we went with a group from hubby's office.

We picked our spot on the TT course, out at Gorse Lea on the way to Peel ....... not a bad little spot at all ..... great view of the bikes ...... really up close and personal!


A little on the noisy side at times .... they don't half go by at some speed and we were right by the side of the road ......


Look at them take that bend ..... some of the riders reach speeds of up to 150 mph round there .... scary or what!!!


The little man was out there with us of course ..... he's becoming the BI (Business Intelligence) Office mascot I think .....


Here he is waiting for the race to start ........ picked his spot right next to Laura!

Anyway .... enough about the TT .... it's not even race week yet!!

The real reason for tonight's blog post is this week's Less is More Challenge.
I couldn't miss joining in again this week could I ........ well ...... it would have been rude not to ..... I'm thrilled to say I was ShowCASed again for Week 224! (Happy dancing again in the old craft room!)

Because May was a 5 Saturday month we got a Lucky Dip week ..... and the theme is ......

2 or 4 Legs

I've gone for the 2 option ....... and I've been dying to use this stamp set.  
There's been sooooo many fab projects using these little guys, some of you might just be sick of seeing them.  But .... this is the first one to appear here so ..... be nice, he looks a little on the nervous side ........


You guessed it ..... Tim's Bird Crazy.  This has been one popular stamp set .... sold out everywhere!  I love it!!!

I stamped my little guy and coloured him using Distress Inks .....


I added my sentiment (Penny Black's new T for Transparent set ..... Sprinkles and Smiles) and then gave him a nice party balloon to hold ......


...... die cut from a leftover piece of Brusho coloured cardstock ...... matches perfectly I think

I finished off by adding a few tiny splatters of ink here and there .....


What do you think .... perfect card for a guy's birthday?  I hope so .... because that's what it's being used for at the weekend!!!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your evening.
It's time for me to put my feet up and have a nice cheeky glass of something chilled ....... cheers!

QUICK EDIT  ...... Me again!!  Thanks for the tip off from the lovely Sarah (aka Sazzle Dazzle) ..... I'm also entering this card into the latest challenge over at AAA Cards.


The challenge is Cards for the Guys ..... always a tricky one but I think my little birdie fits the bill! Thanks Sarah x  

Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

14 comments:

Joan said...

love your crazy bird card. Oh and I'm quite envious, I love IOM , I dont like to think how many years since I saw the TT there

Joan

Jane said...

I adore this stamp set and you're so right about it being popular, but it always looks stunning and different. Love your colours and the matching balloon. And the TT? I hear a lot about it form my family on the Isle, but I think you'd have to be a little crazy to take part - the speed on those bendy roads!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You've got some fantastic photos there Linda and what a great day out.
Love your card - this little bird set is everywhere in blogland right now and quite rightly so - perfect for our leggy challenge.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

PS. If you haven't already done so you might want to link him up at AAA cards where we are looking for CAS cards for guys. Thanks so much Sarah x

Viv said...

It's a great card Linda!.....I also love bikes, my nephew always goes there too ;) Viv xx

Kathyk said...

FAB pix and a great make - love (love, love) those crazy birds

Kathyk

Neets B said...

Love seeing all these wonderful bird images, it's definitely one to add to my wishlist. And that balloon is perfect, great combo.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I had a busy week so I'm just catching up on last week's comments!
What great pics!
Your card is terrific, I love those crazy birds... your colouring is awesome
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jane said...

And thanks for linking up at AAA Cards too!

Justine Hovey said...

I just love this stamp! Great colouring job :) Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards too Linda.
Your card looks great in the gallery. Sarah x

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore the coloring of this FUN bird! Thanks for joining in at AAA

Bonnie said...

This little guy shouldn't be nervous! He's perfect! I'm going to have to look for that set! These birds are fun!

Anne said...

Linda I am not sick of seeing these birds, just sick with envy not to have a set yet! Your colours are stunning and perfect sentiment too
Sorry to be so late commenting, I am playing catch-up!
Thank you very much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More