Wednesday 26 August 2015

It's Sketch week at Less is More

Happy Wednesday to you!

Another week is speeding by ...... this one's a little on the quieter side thank goodness!  Although saying, that we do have a Poker Stars gathering here this evening. One of their interns is leaving so they've decided that ours would be a good place for the farewell party ....... Thanks guys!!
So .... a little after 6 this evening, the whole of B.I. (well .... most of them) will be coming through the door planning on eating, drinking, and playing cards no doubt!  There will be music involved at some point ..... always is when hubby's had a few, and lets face it ..... we haven't had a good old Walmsley Wednesday for a while.

Before all that though, here's my entry for this week's Less is More Challenge.
It's a Sketch week ......


and I've kept pretty much to the design


Classic black and white with a hint of colour.

I used the Clarity Bouquets for my image ...... you get 2 stamps in the set, the outline and the silhouette version.  I used both!
I inked up the silhouette stamp using my Distress Markers, spritzed with a little water and then stamped the image onto a piece of white card
I then followed over the top using the outline stamp


This is where my version of the Sketch comes in ....... I cut across the white card to follow the sketch, trimming around the bottom part of the bouquet.  I then layered this over a piece of black cardstock which had had my sentiment embossed on the bottom.

I added a cute little twine bow to the bouquet and finished off the flowers with a little dot of white enamel accent to the centres


You can also see I added a few ink spots here and there, and of course there's a little something on the inside too


Job done!

Right .... I'd better be off.  Time to scurryfunge before the crowd get's here!
And, the kitchen looks like a Chinese laundry, there's a mountain of clothes that I don't know whether to iron it or climb it! Maybe I could just hide it until tomorrow .... hmmm ..... sounds like a plan!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.  Hope the sun is shining where you are .... it's summer again here.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

TaeEun said...

Beautiful CAS card! I like how you trimmed the bouquet with the white panel and love the little ink splatters. Oh, and your plan too :).

Redanne said...

By the time you read this, the party will be over and I guess some will be nursing sore heads.... I love your interpretation of the sketch, your card is beautiful. xxx

Neets B said...

I hope the evening went well, Linda. I love your card and what a fab idea to cut around your image within your diagonal cut. Love the black and white theme with the pop of colour too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Kathyk said...

FAB, a CAS classic

Kathyk

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Linda, a super design of the sketch and fantastic fussy cutting around the pretty flowers!!

hugs
Heather xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Elegant and eye-catching Linda.
Love your bold black diagonal panel - it sets off the floral image brilliantly and a super take on the sketch.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty, the inside looks fab too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"