Friday 11 September 2015

Imagine what you could do .......

Happy Friday folks,

It's nearly weekend (yeah!) ...... hope you've had a good week.
Regular visitors to my blog will know that I'm off on another little trip across to the UK later on today, possibly my last one of the year (sigh!) so ..... as I'm probably rushing around doing last minute checks on everything, I scheduled this post last night ..... so fingers crossed it is Friday morning when this goes live!

Just a little reminder for you about the latest Craft Stamper challenge ...... Take a Stamp and create something fabulous!

Have you all seen the new look magazine?


How cool is that .... love the new logo! Trish and the team have done an amazing job and as always, it's filled with loads of fabulous inspiration from the DT ....... definitely one to read!!

Where was I .... oh yes! the challenge.  Have you got your entry in yet?  Need a little bit more inspiration?  Well you're in luck .... check out the Craft Stamper Blog today and you'll find great ideas on there from the rest of the DT .......  here's a little something from me too ......


It's a fridge magnet ........ made from a cute little 4x4 inch canvas board, a bit of paint and of course the all important rubber stamps!

I painted my canvas using Fresco Finish acrylic paints ....... there's a bit of  Blue Oyster in there, Dolly Mix and Snowflake.  Once it was all dry I stamped the flowers over the top in Black Archival ink  .....  using stamps from JOFY 09 and JOFY12


I coloured in the images using more of the Fresco Finish Paints, mixed with a little water ......


and added just a touch of sparkle, with some fine crystal glitter


and a few dots of paint here and there to add a bit more interest to the background.


The sentiment is from Inkylicious and has been stamped in black and then heat embossed with a clear powder to make the words pop just that little bit more .....


I've added a piece of magnetic sheet to the back of the canvas to make it into a fridge magnet, but I suppose this could also be a coaster, you would need to add a protective coat over the top of the art work though to seal everything .... a clear varnish would do the job, heat resistant if you were going to use it under hot drinks!!

Now it's your turn.  Why not play along get your entries in and YOU could either be ....... our next Design Winner.  You would have your work in the magazine, a GD spot on a future challenge, and a winners profile on the blog or .... you may be the winner of our sponsors prize ......
This month its the fabulous STAMPlorations


And this little lot is up for grabs .....

Go on ..... why not give it a go.  You have to be in it to win it!!  Good luck!

That's it from me this week ..... I'm off across to the UK for a crafty weekend.  Good food, great company, crafty get togethers and of course the Clarity Open Days


Maybe I'll see you there.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend! (I'm going to!)

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

1 comment:

Becca Cruger said...

What a darling magnet! Definitely something I'd want to see every time I stumbled into the kitchen all bleary-eyed for a midnight snack. ;)