Wednesday 23 December 2015

It's the 23rd of December .....

and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Happy Wednesday evening,

Well the shopping's all done ..... it only took two trips to M&S, one to the butchers, and Mr Tesco kindly delivered the rest this morning! Only the wine to collect now.
The presents are all bought, wrapped and under the tree, and tomorrow's list of jobs is just cranberry sauce to make and a few mince pies ...... time to relax!!!

Here's the final Christmas card to come out of the old craft room ........ a special one for a very special little person ........  it's Alex's Christmas card


Inspired by an article in the December issue of Craft Stamper Magazine ....... based on the cute little die cut template from Cardmaking Paradise.

I love this little reindeer ..... and my crafty buddy Jill kindly cut a whole bunch of them for me.  Alex and I made cards for all his school pals (forgot to take pictures though!!!) and I had this one left so what better way to use him than make a card for the little man.

I coloured the reindeer using Distress Inks and splattered him with a little water


Gave his antlers the glitter treatment ....... and of course added the red nose


The background was so simple to do ..... I can't take the credit for it, it was something I came across on Pinterest I think, and I have to apologise because I don't know who it was posted by originally ..... sorry!! But what a clever idea ........ use masking tape to create the triangular trees.


A strip across the bottom, two more to create the triangle then I used Distress Inks to colour the tree.
You can see I altered the sizes slightly, and also decorated each tree using glitter glue or a stardust gel pen .... so simple but ever so effective don't you think! (Definitely an idea I'll be using again for next year!)


A simple greeting on the bottom finishes it all off (from the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Christmas Sentiments)


Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your evening.
I'll be back tomorrow with the last of this year's festive projects.

Cheerio until then .....

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Redanne said...

I love that reindeer too and he looks wonderful on the card you made for the little guy! Merry Christmas and wishing you all the best for 2016... Hugs, Anne xx

nancy littrell said...

Your diecut reindeer is so cute Linda. I'm sure Alex will Love having his own reindeer:-) TFS your masked tree technique too. So easy and fun!

Merry Christmas and Happy, Creative New Year.

Hugs, Nancy