Friday 29 January 2016

Where have all the followers gone .......

Happy Friday ......

It's the weekend again ....... it's going to be a busy one.  And guess what .... the sun is shining!  It's still blowing a hoolie out there but at least it's not piddling it down.

I've been in the old craft room most of the week but unfortunately I can't share any of what I've been doing just yet ..... you'll have to be patient I'm afraid.

I will give you a little sneaky peek at what the girls will be doing tomorrow though .... close your eyes now if you're one of the 10 and you want it to be a surprise! (although there are already some snippets on the Facebook page .... The Craft Lane so if you've already seen those you'll have an idea already!!)



We're going to be playing with Distress Inks, making backgrounds, and using them to add colour to stamped images. Creating layers with stamps and stencils, spritzing with water .....


Blending colours, using them direct onto card for intense colour, bringing a little bit of pearlescent paint into the mix to create the faux mother of pearl look ..... and we may even get around to the bleaching technique.


It should be a fun day ....... and I'm sure there'll be cake in there somewhere too!!

Remember I introduced Rio the other day and said that Lauren was going to look for some friends for her well quick update for you ......... there is a litter of new born rats longtails over at the pet shop in Peel (oh joy!) They'll be ready in a few weeks so they're going back next week to choose a pair (eeek!)  That'll be three of the darn things .... not sure if they're all coming here to live (they'll need a bigger cage!) or whether they'll all go back to Robbie's (he's already got one).  I'll keep you posted on that!

One other quick thing before I go ........ it seems that Google is doing it's "thing" that I mentioned a little while ago.  I seem to have lost a few followers over the last couple of days.  Well, at least I think it's the Google thing .... I hope it is and it's not just that everyone has decided they no longer want to follow my blog (sad face!) ..... was it something I said!?
Only joking ...... it's happening all over blogland.

So ..... if you're not receiving updates from me and you used to, then you might want to join as a new follower again ...... I'd love it if you did!
You'll need a Google account or if you don't want to bother with all of that, you can follow me via email,  or on bloglovin ..... you'll find sign up boxes on the left hand side of this post.
Please come back .... I miss you!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend, whatever you're up to.
I'm off into town ..... Post Office run then I'm meeting a friend for coffee.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx   

2 comments:

Loll said...

Looking forward to seeing these great techniques in more detail Linda. Love the teasers though! :)
I have been loosing followers every day for the past four days. Uggghhhh!! Google told us would happen on Jan. 11, and when everything went smoothly then and for the next couple of weeks, I thought I was safe. Nope. Anyways, I'm still getting your updates, thank goodness!! xx

Redanne said...

Yup, me too, I have lost 20 over the last few days... so very sad that they have to mess about... sigh. I have not dropped off your blog though! Love the sneak peeks....

Hugs, Anne xx