Monday 8 February 2016

Happy Birthday Less is More!

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a good weekend ..... it was a little bit on the wet side over here.  I think I'm getting webbed feet!!!

Let's get the week started with a celebration shall we.  Over at Less Is More  it's Happy Birthday all the way .......... they're 5 this week ...... Whoo hoo!!
Congratulations ladies!


Less is More was the first blog challenge that I entered all those moons ago.  They introduced me to the OLC (One Layer Card) which is now a firm favourite of mine and of course my love for lots of white space.
Each week the ladies come up with a fab challenge and there's always loads of entries, with lots of inspiration.  Keep up the good work girls .... we love you!!

It's always a Colour week at the beginning of the month and this time its one of my favourites .....

WHITE ON WHITE
(accents of metallics or black are acceptable too)


Never easy to photograph .... but always looks great!

Lots of white space this week ....... I used one of my favourite Penny Black dies for the balloons and a die from my pile of NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff!) ....... the Happy Trio from WPlus9 ..... love it!!

I cut three of the happy's and layered them together for a bit more depth ......


and you can see that I gave each of my die cuts a quick spritz with some white pearlescent spray

I attached the balloons using foam pads for dimension and tied a little bit of silver thread around the bottom of them


I gave the whole thing one final spritz with the pearlescent spray ..... another thing that's not the easy to photograph, especially when there's no sun to catch the shimmer!


A nice sentiment inside (Penny Black's sprinkles and smiles) ......  


and another quick spritz finish everything off nicely.


Happy Birthday Less is More ..... here's the next 5 years!!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

It's half term here in the Isle of Man so I've got the little man this week.  I'll try and keep up with things and not get too distracted with Super Mario, Thunderbirds or Thomas!  Although I may just be tempted by a nice trip to the ice cream parlour later in the week, and ...... we have to decorate the plant pot that his daffodil is growing in so that should be fun ..... and messy!!

Right I'm off now to finalise my Stampin Up! order (could take a while!) from the party I hosted yesterday.  We all had a great time.   Lyn, my lovely SU rep did a fantastic job ...... great demos and a fab make and take.
They all want to know when we can do it again!


Cheerio until next time .....

Linda
xx

12 comments:

creationsnz said...

Great white, like your touch of spray

Craft-E-Place said...

Super elegant card! I love the touch of spray it adds so much to the card.
Elaine

Gio said...

Wow, such a super classy card, Linda! I love it!

Mrs.B said...

I always love white on white Linda and this is no exception, great die cuts.
Enjoy your week.
Avril xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Perfectly CAS and fabulous Linda and loving all the added dimension and sparkle. Thanks for sharing at Less is More 5th Birthday challenge this week. Sarah

Darnell said...

I'm crushing on your sweet sparkly WOW of a WOW card, Linda! So pinning! Enjoy your time with the little man!! Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card! Jo x

Neets B said...

Those happy dies are fab aren't they?! This is a fabulous creation, Linda and the sentiment inside is just perfect for the card too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Kathyk said...

Fab and the addition of the pearl spray was an inspiration

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Thanks for your kind words Linda, this is stunning, the touch of shimmer looks awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Esther said...

Oooooh, I LOVE the layout, the dies and the pearlescent shimmer! What a good idea. Great job for the LIM White on White challenge!

Anne said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the kind words Linda, LIM is what it is thanks to all the lovely people who enter
Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday celebration challenge!
Anne
"Less is More"