Saturday 13 February 2016

I thought I'd never get this post finished!!!

Happy weekend!

After the excitement of yesterdays news it's time to come back down to earth and get some work done!!

It's time to catch up with the rest of my Clarity samples from last weeks shows.
The Meadow Grasses was one of the gorgeous new sets that launched last weekend ...... my favourite
(although I shouldn't really have favourites!)


We'll start off with a nice simple design ...... I took a background from my stash ..... made by using Distress Inks applied to an acrylic block, spritzed with water and then used the block like a stamp to apply the colour to card ..... gives a nice soft watercolour effect


I cut the card into three pieces and then stamped the pretty bloom onto each piece and embossed using a clear powder


I then added more colour to the flowers using each of the shades of Distress Inks used on the background


To finish off I added a little extra detail to the corners


Next up  ..... Distress Inks again only this time direct from the ink pad onto a piece of white card ......


Spritzed with water to add a bit more detail to the background .......


Then I used some of the stamps from the set to create a little meadow scene across the bottom


I added a bit of detail using a white gel pen and used a couple of stamps from the Clarity Word Chains along with a white embossing powder.


I also added a bit of detail to the backing layer by simply stamping one of the images around the edges of the card and then embossed with a clear powder ..... adds a touch of subtle detail  I think.


As a little extra embellishment I stamped the large blooms onto a piece of white card, added a touch of colour and then fussy cut around them before adding them to the finished card


Another similar design ...... same colours of  Distress for the background and more spritzing .....


This time instead of adding colour to the flowers I took it away ....... using a paint brush and clean water to give the bleached effect


Finally ......  a cute little tag card ....


I used the embossing resist technique ........ Stamped and embossed the flowers using a white detail embossing powder and then applied Distress Inks over the top


Once I was happy with the depth of colour I used a paper towel to rub over the emobssed images and remove any excess ink ...... this really makes the white embossing pop!

A touch of doodling with a white gel pen ......


One of the Word Chains again ....


And a little something on the inside to finish it all off


Phew!!! That took some blogging ..... I started this post at about 11am this morning ...... it's now 5.30 in the evening!!
I've been on a crafty get together all day ..... I did take my laptop with me with the intention of blogging this morning (seeing as I'm out this evening) then I could craft with the rest of them this afternoon.
Yeah ..... didn't happen.  I did start the blog .... then got distracted with Pinterest, online craft shopping, Facebook, helping out with craft projects.  Then it was time for lunch ....... Tried again this afternoon ..... got distracted  with new stamps,  craft magazines  and the toffee pudding and ice cream didn't help .... yum!!
Anyhow I got to the end ...... eventually!!  And .... I've had a fabulous day. Hope you have too.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a lovely Valentine's Day tomorrow ..... mwah!!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

4 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful samples Linda, nice to see them as I missed the show.
Avril xx

Barbara said...

Fab artwork Linda xxx

Darnell said...

Mwah to you, too! You've got such fabulous creations for our viewing pleasure today, Linda! I love them all, but that first one stole my heart with the whispery colors!! And huge congratulations for the DT news!! Enjoy your Valentine's day! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

LOVE how you've showcased the new stamps Linda. Great job! LOVE that triptych card with the soft pastel background. And your deep blue and green cards paired with black are gorgeous. The splattered backgrounds and white detailing add so much fantastic visual texture. The tag is so sweet!

Sounds like you had fun with your crafting day ... and the distractions sound like fun too! :) xx