Monday 25 July 2016

Let's get this week started .......

Happy Monday folks ......

Have you had a good weekend? Are you all raring to go at the start of a new week?  Not quite ...... OK neither am I .... not yet anyway!!

It's going to be a good week though ....... look where I'm going tomorrow night ......


Oh yes  ....... Tom's coming to the island ......


The HUGE marquee is all ready and waiting ...... apparently you can see it from the prom!!!

(photo taken from Facebook)
I'm out for coffee and a catch up with the girls on Friday ...... and then it's our wedding anniversary at the weekend so dinner in one of our favourite restaurants on Saturday.
Lots to do in between all that though ...... so lets get this week started.

It was workshop weekend on Saturday and as always we had so much fun.  It was Brushos this time .... seeing how they work using different mediums and different types of cardstock.
I think I'm safe in saying everyone had a great time with those little pots of magic and they were all really pleased with the results ..... 3 finished cards and loads of extra pieces to use on future projects.
I gave you a sneaky peek of some of my samples on Friday, well here they are in full .....


We did the usual with the Brusho ..... sprinkled onto watercolour card and then spritzed with lots of water to blend the colours .....  then we placed another piece of card over the top to mop up the excess giving two pieces that are similar, but not quite the same .... one to use and one to save for later

I loved the simplicity of this .... coloured background, image stamped in black ink and embossed with clear powder


A little bit of detail added using a white gel pen and a simple sentiment


This next one was made using a mop up piece of card from this finished sample .... totally inspired by the lovely Loll Thompson from Stamping with Loll ..... who by the way, does amazing things with Brushos and stencils



The background colour is what was left on the stencil I used .......... spritzed with a little more water then mopped up with a piece of white cardstock .... easy.


I then stamped and embossed the beautiful bouquet (Penny Black's Elegance in Motion) and added more colour using the same Brusho colours as the background


You can mix your Brushos with water and a little mica powder then they can be used on black cardstock too ......


Such a pretty effect ...... and another way of using those mica powders!


One of my favourites ....... I love this stamp (Stampendous Ranunculus Field)


Simply stamped onto white cardstock ....... Brusho sprinkled in the areas that I want colour, then spritzed gently to activate the crystals and watch the magic happen.


The next one was using Dina Wakley's Glazing Medium to spread out the Brusho ..... I sprinkled the Brusho onto my card (I used 2 colours ..... a blue and a green), then using a paint brush and the glazing medium I brushed over the crystals to activate the colour.


I brushed the medium in one direction and I love the effect ..... reminds me a little bit of  a woodgrain effect .......


A bit of embossing using a white powder this time ....... looks so pretty


And then back to the sprinkle and spritz technique for the background .... same 2 colours


I did a really easy Christmas design ...... using the emboss resist technique


Stamped and embossed the tree ......... one colour of Brusho sprinkled in the centre and spritzed and then a sprinkling of Chunky White embossing powder to add a bit more detail .....

And of course I never throw anything away .......... even leftover bits make great cards. 


Stamp and fussy cut beautiful butterflies .....  


Use the bits to create pretty gift tags or bookmarks even .....


The thing with Brushos is when you're just sprinkling and spritzing you never really know what results you're going to get ..... sometimes it works, sometimes it ends up not quite as you expected. Don't throw anything away ...... even the not so pretty looking pieces can be used to create something beautiful.

Phew!  That was a lot of pictures .... sorry!
The flowers by the way you can see popping into the background on the photos, were a lovely gift from one of the ladies on Saturday .... picked fresh from her garden that morning.  Thank you so much Carol .... I love sweet peas, they smell beautiful 


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
It's time I was in the craft room making a start on this weeks To do list.

Cheerio until next time

3 comments:

Mrs.B said...

The samples look great Linda, and I'm sure the ladies had a fabulous time.
Sounds like you're going to have a good week, Enjoy!
Avril xx

!neke said...

Enjoy Tom !!!!!
And how many great cards you showed !!!!!
Love them all !!!!!
Ineke X

Loll said...

Tom Jones ... that is SO exciting! Hope you had a great time.

Looks like you had a very fun day sharing brusho techniques. Gorgeous makes ... I'm sure the girls were happy, happy, happy.

I need to try the brushos and glazing ... love that look. Thanks for the inspiration. And thanks for your sweet words. xx