Wednesday 10 August 2016

Out of this world ......

Happy Wednesday to you .....

Hope you're week's going better than mine ...... I can't seem to get anything done and the house is in a right old mess.  Not my fault though .... not this time ...... it's all down to Lauren.  They're moving out next week into a nice little house with her partner ...... so the packing has started.
There's boxes everywhere, clothes and shoes everywhere ...... although that's nothing new, and there's no space in the garage!!!!  Looks like our weekend is going to be spent clearing stuff to the re-cycling centre .... oh joy!!!

Anyway .....  enough of all that. The little man and I have been having some fun in the old craft room. He's had quite a few birthday parties on his social calendar recently so we needed some cards making. He spotted these little guys from the Out of This World set from Clearly Besotted and thought they were perfect for the job .......

 
Silly Grandma forgot to photograph the others before they were sent but ..... there's still one party left so we needed one more card.
Two birds .... one stone and all that ........ I thought I'd play along with this week's Less is More challenge, it's been a while.

As it was the first Saturday of the month at the weekend, it's a Colour Challenge and the ladies have chosen ......
BLUE and BROWN
(nice combination)

Don't these little guys look cute in their shimmery colours


Everything has been stamped using the Vintage Sepia Versafine ink and then embossed with a clear powder.
I've coloured the cute aliens using Starlight Paints from Imagination Crafts, mixed with a little water .... love the shimmer from these and the colours are fab! I've used Mediterranean Sky for the blue and the gorgeous Topaz for the brown.
You can see they were stamped on a separate piece of card and then fussy cut before attaching them to my card using foam pads.

I applied some Distress Ink onto the background using the acetate smooshing technique ......


and added a little something on the inside ...... well, every alien needs a space ship don't they .... how else would they get around (hehehe!)


Well that's it from me today .... I suppose I should make a start on something.  Ironing maybe, mop the kitchen floor or .... do I go to the old craft room with these guys who have just arrived .....


Woof! Woof!!  ........ the housework can wait.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

9 comments:

Margaret Johnson said...

SO cute!!! Clean, simple and so much fun!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and cute card. Loving those stamps and those paints. Yep the housework can wait!

Esther said...

This looks fantastic! That set is on my wishlist and definitely needs bumping up the queue because it makes me smile every time I see it! Love your fun card. What a great entry to our colour challenge at LIM. Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope the house is restored to order soon!

Redanne said...

Ahhh, they are just THE most adorable little aliens ever! I love them, just wish I could think of a reason why I should buy them... I have been playing with my crazy dogs too, aren't they just so much fun! Anne xx

cotnob said...

Such a fun card, absolutely brilliant.
Pauline
x
Crafting with Cotnob

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Perfect stamps for the colour theme Linda. The little scene is super and I love the splotches behind the characters. OooH! you got your hands on the crazy dogs! I have just offered the mini ones and the big ones were out of stock at my supplier. Enjoy playing with yours. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More this week.
Sharon xx

Bonnie said...

You and the little man did a fantastic job! I'd opt for getting those stamps out. The rest can wait!!!

Kathyk said...

Just ADORABLE, and loving your new stash too

Kathyk

Patricia Hays said...

Your cute little aliens caught my eye among the thumbnail images at Less is more. Your card made me smile - and that was before I noticed the shimmer to the aliens' skin! It's a wonderful card.