Tuesday 15 November 2016

Surprise! ......

Hello there ... me again!

Just catching up a little with the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends .....


I'm only up to DAY 7 so I've still got a way to go.
Today's tag is a little bit vintage looking I think .......


Watercolour card smooshed and splattered with Distress Inks ..... Tea Stain, Vintage Photo and Antique Linen.  Edged with a little Gathered Twigs and Aged Mahogany.

The snowflakes have been stamped, first with Vintage Sepia Versafine for the medium sized one (Stampin Up!), then Versamark for the large one in the centre  (Tim Holtz) which has then been embossed with a fine detail Gold powder


And finally the small ones (Inkadinkadoo) have been stamped and embossed in Liquid Platinum from Ranger.
The Surprise on the bottom is from a new Stampin Up! set called Tin of Tags which is not just Christmas sentiments .... there's some great ones on there perfect for tags at any time of the year


I finished off by using what I call a 'filler stamp' ......  you know what I mean, one of those great little stamps that comes in a set, that you reach for when you need that little extra on your design .... to fill in a space ..... in this particular case the white dots


Tag number 7 done ...... and considering I bought another Christmas present today it's going to come in very handy!

In case you read my earlier post and were wondering if I found any pine cones .... well the answer is yes!!  we did.  Lots in fact.  They're now warming, and drying out nicely.  Fingers crossed they're the right size if and when they open.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy your evening.
We've got the little man overnight ..... it's Lauren's partners birthday tomorrow so she's treating him to cocktails and a meal out .... it's all right for some!

And speaking of celebrating ..... there'll be a little bit more going on later this week.  Chris has just been given a new pub!  He's been made the manager of The Prospect in Douglas ...... just 12 months to the day almost since he got his licence ..... not bad at all.

  
Cheerio until next time ......

5 comments:

Craftychris said...

Ooh such a gorgeous vintage style tag, love the distress look and fab embossing. Enjoy having the little man to stay and congratulations to Chris on his new pub! I have been trying to get hold of some pine cones to no avail! I want to make some decorations with them. No luck yet! xxx

Loll said...

Love the vintage look of your tag Linda. Gorgeous mix of distress inks ... love the smooshed and splattered look of the background. Gorgeous mix of snowflakes images. So pretty heat embossed in gold and platinum. Thanks again for sharing at my tag event.

Enjoy your time with the little man. :) And congrats to Chris!! xx

Nstiz said...

Wow is this ever gorgeous! LOVE your colors! Neutrals have always been my favorites. This has such a classy and elegant look to it Beautiful gold edging too! Sure would love to know how you did that!

Linda said...

Thanks Nancy ..... I love the neutrals too.
The edging is simply a layer of gold mirri card, nothing fancy. I rarely use mirri card these days but every now and then it just gives that perfect finish. Thanks for popping by .... I appreciate all your support xx

Tee said...

Delicate and very pretty!