Friday 7 July 2017

Where did that week go .........!

Happy Friday folks .....

Boy am I ready for the weekend!  How's your week been?

It's the first Friday of the month so it's time to get the Craft Stamper Challenge underway.


As always the theme is Anything Goes ..... as long as there's actual rubber stamping on your project somewhere.
And please make sure to follow the challenge rules to be in with a chance of winning .... you can find full details on the Craft Stamper Blog.

Our sponsor this month is the fabulous STAMPlorations .....


And the prize for the challenge winner is ....... three (3) sets of fantastic stamps

That's not all ........ for the whole of July when Craft Stamper readers/followers place and order for $15 or more from the STAMPlorations store they can get 20% off all stamps, stencils and dies by using the code CRAFTSTAMPER at the checkout ........ not bad eh!  And, with the recent brand new release there's lots of fabulous goodies to add to your craft stash.

Onto the challenge ...... here's one of those new release stamps .....


Design #1 from the gorgeous new Blossom Spray range ....... how pretty is that!  And I've teamed it with Be You from the Say It Big series.

The new Blossom Sprays are so pretty and can look so different depending on the colours you use.
I've kept my design quite pastel ..... using ZIG Markers with a water brush to colour the flowers


The words, simply stamped in black alongside the spray make quite the statement I think.


I then used one of the CUTplorations Stitched Snow Hills dies to cut across the bottom of my card and then separated the two pieces by adding in a strip of co-ordinating patterned paper to make the whole thing fit on a 7x5 card blank (the gap is about an inch wide, maybe a little more)


To finish off I dotted a few liquid pearls here and there ....


And stamped the blossom spray on the inside ......


Using patterned papers on my cards is something I haven't done for such a long time.
I have loads of them (although not as many as I used to have) ........ gorgeous 12x12 papers, that just sit in boxes.  You know the ones I mean ...... we all have to have them.  We get them out occasionally, look at them, even stroke them now and again, but we just can't bring ourselves to cut into them.  And when we do, we have to hang on to every last little piece just in case we NEED it! Go on ..... admit it, you've got boxes full too!

Well this weekend I'm going to be using some of those papers .... even the small bits! My little crafty group are going to be using patterned papers on their cards.  Paper piecing .... always fun and a great way to add colour ........


Stamping onto the papers to create a pretty collage effect .......


And using them to create beautiful quick and easy cards .... can't wait!


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.

It looks like it's going to be a nice day here, the sun is shining.  I've been up since 5 ..... hubby was on an early flight to London this morning.  I made good use of my early start though ..... all the housework is done, even the old craft room is tidy!  I'm off out for coffee later with a friend and no need to rush back now ...... it's going to be a nice day.

Cheerio until next time ......

2 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda, lovely image and I do like that stitched die cut.
Looks like it's going to be a fun workshop, enjoy your weekend.
Avril xx

Cathy said...

Very pretty card, love how you've stamped inside too, Cathy x