Friday 25 August 2017

There's a new watering hole on the island ......

Happy Friday folks .......
Are you ready for a nice long weekend?

It's workshop time again for me ....... it's been a while.
My group of lovely crafty ladies are all gathering around the table tomorrow for a day of craft, coffee (or tea) and no doubt there'll be biscuits or cake!!  We may just even get some finished projects done too.

We're going to be playing with tissue paper this week .... thanks to the inspiration from the lovely Loll Thompson (www.stampingwithloll).
She's kindly agreed to me using her techniques for my workshop ..... so ladies, I won't be taking all the credit for this one!!
Check out her YouTube video on Watercolouring Tissue Paper ....... this lady is amazing!

Here are a few sneaky peeks at some of my inspiration pieces .......
We'll be colouring tissue paper first then ....... stamping on to it ......


Using it to create pretty textured backgrounds .......


Die cutting it .......


And even adding embossing powders on to it .....


Should be a fun day .... can't wait.

My weekend actually started last night.  Hubby took me out for dinner to a new bar/restaurant that's opened down on the Quay in Douglas .... yes another one! And what a lovely meal we had too.
The place is called Seven Kingdom and not only is it a lovely restaurant and a nice bar ..... it's a distillery too.  They make their own GIN!!!


After the delicious meal I had to try it out .... it would have been rude not too!  Just the one mind ..... although it was a large one!


Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic, blueberries and a little cucumber ..... very nice.

Then it was onto Silent Pool ..... a new gin for me.


Slimline tonic (of course!) and a slice of orange .... now that was nice!  I'll be having that one again! The bottle is soooo pretty too .....
As you've probably guessed  Seven Kingdom gets the thumbs up from me ....... and hubby, seeing as how they also have a great collection of single malt whiskys too!  I can see it becoming one of our regular places to go.

We've got a nice Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK and dare I say it ..... the weather seems to be behaving itself.  The Manx Grand Prix practice week is finishing a lot better than it started, so let's hope that race week is good too. We haven't actually seen any of the practice racing ..... been up to the Grandstand though. Chris was managing the beer tent again at the beginning of the week so we just popped in to say Hi.  He's back in his own place now though, getting things ready for the grand re-opening of The Prospect next week.

Oh well .... must dash, I'm off out for lunch later and a spot of retail therapy, but before I go I must get the old craft room tidy .... there's stuff everywhere!
A quick coffee and a look at this morning's view first though I think.  Looks like we've got visitors ...


Thanks for popping by ... enjoy your day and have a lovely weekend.  Make the most of the Bank Holiday .... it's the last one before Christmas!

Cheerio until next time .....

2 comments:

Loll said...

Have fun with your crafy ladies this weekend, Linda. Looking forward to seeing the finished cards. Sounds like you had a lovely meal out and some delicious gin drinks as well. That bottle is a work of art! xx

Anita in France said...

That sounds as though it's going to be a fantastic workshop, Linda ... Loll's techniques are awesome! The restaurant is so temping (even from so far away!) ... and that's such a gorgeous bottle to inspire a card! Anita :)