Tuesday 17 October 2017

Boo! ..... time for another tag

Happy Tuesday .......

Thank goodness the weather is a little calmer today.  I think Ophelia has done her worst here. 
We had trees down all over the island, one of the hotels in Douglas lost part of its roof, and it was a little scary at high tide but .... it's now blue sky and sunshine .... at the moment!

Enough about the weather though ....... I'm here to remind you about the latest Blog Challenge from the STAMPlorations team ........ the new TAGplorations  Challenge .... have you joined in the fun yet?


The challenge is all about creating TAGS.  Your projects can be anything you like .... as long as there's a tag, or tags, on there somewhere.  The tags can be large or small and any shape you like. The DT will of course be featuring the CUTplorations tag dies but, the challenge players (that's you!) don't have to.  Go on ..... join in the fun.

As we're into October I thought it would be fun to create a Halloween Tag ...... I think this still comes under the challenge theme of 'All About Fall' don't you.  I've even used the optional twist of using red, gold and orange .......


I die cut my tag, using CUTplorations Manila Tag Nesting Dies, from a piece of cardstock in my stash that had been coloured using Distress Inks and a ghosting technique with a stencil ......


I splattered a little black and white paint onto the background to add a bit more interest, and a couple of strips of ultra tacky double sided tape across the bottom on top of which I put some gilding flakes


I then stamped the pumpkin from the STAMPlorations Oh, So Grateful stamp set, twice onto a piece of coloured cardstock from my bit box and heat embossed with a clear powder.
I added a touch more colour to the leaves at the bottom and a sprinkling of fine coloured glitters


The mouth was drawn on with a black marker pen and then I added fine black glitter over the top, and of course it had to have googly eyes!

Gold letters cut using the CUTplorations Uppercase Alphabet Die make up the greeting


Check out all the challenge details over on the STAMPlorations Blog along with lots more fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

No comments: