Wednesday 18 October 2017

Happy 1st Birthday CAS Watercolour challenge ......

Happy Wednesday ......

Middle of the week again .... and I'm playing catch up!  I spent most of this morning on the internet trying to get concert tickets ...... as if I've nothing better to do!!
The island has gone crazy because .....  are you ready for this ...... Gary Barlow is coming across to do two nights at the Villa Marina.  When ...... TT Practice Week next year ..... that's when!!!
Lauren wants tickets, my brother wants tickets ....... I wouldn't mind a ticket but .... I'm not paying £172.50 ..... each! ...... I don't like him that much!!
Tickets officially go on sale on Friday this week but I managed to get priority booking through Amazon. which started at 10am this morning.  I needn't have bothered!!
There was I all logged on and ready to go at 10am ..... by 4 mins past it was impossible to get tickets except the VIP ones of course.  I was curious to see if any of these were actually available so I put 4 into my basket.  Oh yes they were available ....... I could have had four seats, four rows from the front with an aisle seat, for a little over £700!!!!! including booking fees ...... no thank you.  Hubby would have had something to say if I'd have made that booking.  Never mind, I'll try again on Friday.

Anyway .... the real reason for today's post is, I'm joining in the fun with this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge and their 1st Birthday Celebrations

Whoop! Whoop! ladies ...... congratulations on a whole year of fun challenges.


This month the theme is Fall Leaves ......


We have a few of those in the square outside the house after ex-Hurricane Ophelia's visit on Monday .... there's hardly any left on the trees!


Here's my card ......


CAS with some watercoloured, die cut autumn leaves.

I smooshed various colours of Distress ink onto a piece of watercoloured card then spritzed with water to blend the inks together.
I then die cut the leaves and stamped onto each one to add a touch of detail


The sentiment is from a Stampin Up! set called Colorful Seasons, and has been heat embossed with a copper coloured powder


I couldn't resist splattering some more ink onto the background ...... I mixed each of the colours I'd used for the leaves with a little water, and then used an old paintbrush to flick the ink onto the card


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to do what I should have been doing this morning ...... prepping for a workshop on Saturday.

Cheerio until next time

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the colours and the lovely sentiment
Hugs Kaz xx

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, Glad Ophelia's surge through the UK didn't cause you too much problem.
Your card is beautiful, with those gorgeous fall watercolours and splatters. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Loll said...

Beautiful autumn leaves Linda. The detail stamping really adds so much. Love the sentiment heat embossed in copper. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Redanne said...

I find it hard to believe that anyone can charge so much for a music concert, even if the person is brilliant... sad times we live in!

Your autumn card is gorgeous, I love the embossing and the splattering looks wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercoloured die cut leaves, Linda. Love your CAS design and added splatters with your heat embossed sentiment. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs

Bonnie said...

These leaves look like you could have picked them off the ground, Linda! You have done an awesome job of creating them! Love the embossed sentiment and splatters too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the look of your flowers Linda...great card.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge this month!
Karen

Zelda said...

Gorgeous card! It caught my eye over at CAS watercolor challenge. I love the colors, the design and sentiment. Stunning!