Friday 29 December 2017

A look back at 2017 ...... part 1

Happy Friday ......

Well here we are ...... almost at the end of 2017.
I hope you all had a good Christmas ...... did Santa bring you everything you wished for?
We had a lovely time here, most of it spent with family and friends ..... 13 for Christmas dinner (lucky we bought that new table!!)


I've eaten my body weight in chocolate, had far too much turkey and all the trimmings, drank way too much of the bubbly stuff and dare I say it, but I'm sick of the sight of mince pies!!! The diet definitely starts in January.
I have found some time to spend in the craft room.  I've been busy trying to get organised for the beginning of 2018 so there's nothing I can share with you just yet ..... you'll have to wait until next week.  Yes, that's right ..... January is just around the corner!

Before we start with all the New Year celebrations it's time to take a look back at 2017.  It's been another fabulous year, full of great memories and busy as always.
I thought I'd look back at some of my favourite makes from the last twelve months.
Grab a cuppa, take a seat, and let's start way back in January ......
(If you missed the original posts, or you just fancy another look then click on the links)

It's always busy at the beginning of the year, getting back into the swing of things. There's all the Design Team stuff to get done and lots of birthdays to think about.  This year I started an Art Journal ....... I didn't get as far with this as I had hoped, but it was fun and I'm hoping it's something I can go back to in 2018!


CAS ...... always a favourite of mine, along with another popular technique from this year ..... hidden messages or inlaid die cutting


On to February ...... we moved into a new house (something which we'll be doing again very soon - but more about that later!)
We had the regular monthly Blog challenges and a special Blog Hop for STAMPlorations.  I do love making tags .....


And of course there was brand new stencil designs from Sweet Poppy .......



Into March ..... my birthday month!
The monthly workshops were up and running ...... loved this particular one.  See .... those hidden messages again ......


And a little more done in my journal .......


April was filled with the regular Blog Challenges ...... love this little ATC block for the Craft Stamper Challenge


We had Blog Hops, and workshops ....... with elegant layered stamping


And more new designs from Sweet Poppy ..... this little tag card was one of my favourites


I just love this tree .....


We're in to May ..... more fun with my crafty buddies with a workshop inspired by the very talented Jennifer McGuire



We had all the regular monthly Blog challenges .......  I just love this fabulous stamp from Inkylicious, perfect for the Craft Stamper challenge


I even found time to enter one of my favourite challenges ..... CAS Mix Up
Another of my all time favourite stamps .... and another hidden sentiment (told you it was a new favourite technique)


June ..... always a busy month.  
We have the Isle of Man TT ........


followed by the traditional family holiday, as well as all the usual crafty stuff!
We spent a fabulous week on a boat this year ..... 


on the beautiful Norfolk Broads



We're off to Bourton again next year .... can't wait! 

June saw the launch of a brand new challenge from Happy Little Stampers ..... the ATC Challenge


ATC's are so much fun to make ....... and I was lucky enough to be part of the Design Team.

I did a little bit of mixed media with my workshop, decorating trinket boxes ......


And of course there were cards as well ..... love this split stamping technique which was one of my Craft Stamper DT pieces


Speaking of Craft Stamper ...... I was in the magazine in June (July issue) with a cute little 3D project ....


as well as some inspiration pieces done using the free cover stamp .....


Well ..... that's the first half of the year done ..... well done if you're still with me.
If you fancy seeing the second half, join me again tomorrow for July through to December.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to grab another coffee then it's in to the craft room again.

Cheerio until next time .....

8 comments:

Jane said...

Such a talented lady! Brilliant makes for 2017, can't wait to see what you do in 2018. Happy New Year, may it be everything you'd like it to be!

Unknown said...

Fabulous makes, I have loved following your blog throughout the year and look forward to seeing what you share next year :)
Hugs Kaz xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful and creative projects for your 1st half of 2017. TFS...again my friend. Looking forward to the 2nd half of the year. TFS your Christmas Gorgeous Table too:-) Hugs...

Darnell said...

So glad you had an amazing holiday, Linda! That table setting is gorgeous! I loved your "look back" and the parade of wonderful creations you have made during the first half of the year, as well as the fun family photos! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

Thanks Jane. Happy New Year to you too. Hope 2018 is a good one xx

Linda said...

Thanks Karen. Happy New Year .... hope its a good one xx

Linda said...

Thank you Nancy. Hope 2018 brings you everything you wish for xx

Linda said...

Thank you hun. Have a very Happy New Year ..... I hope 2018 brings you everything you wish for xx