Friday 12 January 2018

Craft Stamper Challenge ........

Happy Friday folks .......

Boy am I ready for the weekend .... it's been busy, busy, busy all week, but ..... I can see light at the end of the tunnel.  January's list is almost done .....  then it's on to February!

Before I start thinking of Valentines and birthdays though, it's time for a little inspiration for this month's Craft Stamper Challenge.

Did you notice the slight change this month? 
The Design Team has grown a little.  We've got some fabulous new designers on board, some of which you will have met last week for the challenge launch, and some will be making their debut today, for the inspiration post. Please pop by their blogs and say Hello.

As always the challenge theme is Anything Goes, as long as there's actual rubber stamping on your project somewhere.  You can create cards, journal pages, scrapbook layouts or even 3D pieces .... the choice is yours.

I've got a card for you ..... one for the birthday box I think


I've used one of the stamps from a JOFY Christmas set (JOFY57)  ...... not all Christmas stamps are just for the festive period.


This particular stamp I think can be used for so many occasions.

I stamped the whole design onto a piece of white cardstock and added some colour using Distress Inks mixed with a little water.
I stamped it again onto a seperate piece of card, heat embossed just the stars in gold, coloured them with a red Distress Ink and fussy cut.

I then used the same colours of Distress inks to create my splattered background ...... I smooshed the ink pads onto a craft mat, spritzed with water, and then using an old paintbrush I simply splattered the ink over the white card to fill in the background .... so much fun!


I added in a little gold and silver along the way too, until I was happy with the effect.

Once it was all dry, I stamped part of my greeting using Versamark ink, and then heat embossed in gold .......


I added the rest on a small banner cut from a scrap of co-ordinating card ....


A little matting and layering frames the whole design, and I finished off by adding the extra stars using foam pads, to add a bit of dimension


I continued the design onto the inside of the card too ......


Same colours, and a little more splattering ....


As always there are two prizes up for grabs.  One is the Design Winner, chosen by the DT, from all the eligible challenge entries,  and one is from our sponsor.  This month it's the fabulous ...... Visible Image


"Visible Image design exciting and different stamps and stencils! Our sets include arty images and brilliant background elements, and some really inspiring quotes. Our clear photopolymer stamps are very deeply etched, and our stencils are gorgeously thick for creating divine texture!

The winner of this prize ...... these two A5 stamp sheets from the Visible Image range ..... will be randomly chosen from all the entries that follow the challenge guidelines. 
Please read and follow all the guidelines, your project will NOT be a winner of either kind if it doesn't follow the guidelines!  You'll find them on the sidebar on the Craft Stamper Blog ..... there's not that many.

Now it's over to you ...... happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
It's back to the craft room for me, I've a workshop to prepare for tomorrow.

Cheerio until next time ....

5 comments:

Darnell said...

Wow, Linda, I feel like a STAR just looking at the card! I can imagine how the recipient will feel! This is the happiest card I've seen in a while!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarah G said...

I love the vibrant colours and movement on your card....the extra dimension on the stars really makes them pop :)

Loll said...

Beautiful design Linda. This is so fun and colourful. Love the Jofy images that are a bit quirky and LOTS of fun! Great mix of techniques on this amazing creation! xx

nancy littrell said...

Your gorgeous Star birthday card is...A Star, Linda!

Love all your colors, versatility of your Christmas stamp set and splatters. TFS Hugs..

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! The stars and splatters look amazing 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊