Saturday 17 February 2018

Exciting news!!! ......

Happy weekend ......

How excited am I!! ....... I've been waiting for today to come so I could share my news with you.

Way back at the beginning of January this year, the lovely Sarah G contacted me and asked if I would like to join a new Design Team, to showcase the brand new range of fabulous UNIKO Stencils.
What could I say ..... I've been a fan of UNIKO stamps for some time, and I do love stencils ...... there was only one answer really ...... YES PLEASE!!!!

So ..... here I am, absolutely thrilled to be part of the brand new UNIKO Stencil Design Team ......


The stencils are fab ...... great designs that work so well on their own, as well as perfectly alongside the range of gorgeous UNIKO stamps.
For the card above I used the Scattered Polka Dots  to create my background.  A touch of Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and then highlighted a few of the dots with a little bit of glossy accents


I stamped the beautiful large bloom from the UNIKO Pure Florals - Gerbera onto some cardstock coloured using Brushos, heat embossed the image with clear powder and then fussy cut around the flower before attaching them onto my card


A little touch of glitter to the centres for a bit of sparkle and I added one of my favourite UNIKO sentiments


There's also a little bit of the design on the inside ......


I said these stencils work well on their own, here's a quick and easy card using the pretty Doodle Flower


I used various shades of Distress Oxide inks through the stencil .....


I then applied clear stencil paste over the top and sprinkled with crystal glitter whilst the paste was still wet ...... so pretty and sparkly
A simple strip of black cardstock as a contrast and a sentiment ..... perfect!


You don't always have to use the whole stencil ..... mask off an area and just use one of the flowers ....


Perfect for the inside .....


So ......  a new house, and a new Design Team.  It's all go here!!  Watch this space for more ideas using the brand new UNIKO stencils .... and why not check out my new teamies blogs too ...... there's Sarah, Julie and Wiebke.

Speaking of the new house .... we're almost settled in now.  The new sofa's have arrived, I've ordered a beautiful new cupboard/dresser for the kitchen and I've made a list of all the bits and bobs we need.
My craft room is sort of up and running.  I can't find anything but everything is in there somewhere.  I am hoping to get new furniture in there eventually but that will have to wait for now.
And just in case anyone has been trying to get hold of me I still have no mobile phone .... sigh!  What I mean is, I haven't got my mobile phone ...... the little man has however let me use his!  Bless him ..... he's letting me use his phone until I get mine back.  Clever .... because that means I have to top up his credit!!  Hopefully I won't need it for long.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy your weekend.

Cheerio until next time .....

25 comments:

Julie B said...

Super cards Linda and so happy to be working with you over at Uniko.
Glad to hear that the move is complete and you are getting back to 'normal'!:)

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Hey Linda, both of your cards are so beautyful!

Love how you took the design also to the inside of the cards!

Hugs, Wiebke

Rahmat said...

2 lovely cards, love the second one, the glitter adds so much fun to to the cards.

Jane Willis said...

What gorgeous cards, and congratulations on being picked for the team of one of my very favourite brands!
Jane

Mrs.B said...

Congrats on the new DT post Linda, you really will be an asset to the team.
Wonderful samples as always and I like the idea of using the clear paste over the inks.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations on making the new Design Team! I love stencils but don't use them often enough! Your cards are fabulous - the soft grey dots on the first and the sparkly flowers on the second - swoon!

Lindsey said...

Loving the glitter (I’m definitely a bling kind of girl!). Lovely to have you on board x

Viv said...

Gorgeous cards! I am a newcomer to stencils (never know what to do with them!) but you have given me some ideas! Thank you

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Linda, welcome to the team. I love the both these cards. Super idea to add a touch of glossy accents to the polka dots, and I just love the shimmer of the glitter. You have made me a very happy women too - so great to see the insides done to match. xx

cm said...

Welcome to the Uniko team, Linda, and WOW! Talk about making an impressive debut with your stencil/stamp showcases! Glad you didn't ask us to select a favourite; they're both gorgeous Looking forward to learning more and diverse ways to pair stencils and stamps from you! Congratulations on your new home; we moved into a new house/town last summer. LOVE my house! Oh...and how cool you live on the Isle of Man, which is also home to a most popular cyclist: Mark Cavendish. I'm very much into road bike racing, as an official in our province. I don't compete - I'm not very good on a bike in the least - but bring on the races and I'll happily stand on the side of the road, with my stopwatch and clipboard in hand, gathering results...
Hugs~carol

Denise Bryant said...

Congrats on your spot on the Uniko Stencil DT! Beautiful cards! Love your pretty color combos!

Mirella said...

Congratulations on the design team spot! Your cards are lovely, the first one is fantastic! I’ll look forward to your inspirational creations 😍

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations on being chosen for the new Uniko Stencil DT, Linda:-) I LOVED both your card designs. TFS Glad to hear you are almost all settled into your new home. Enjoy. Hugs.

Kris said...

Congratulations, Linda! Those gerbera daisies are gorgeous, and I LOVE how you used the Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and the glossy accents for the dots background - perfect!! Thanks for sharing!

Carole said...

Oh your card is beautiful...love the stamp and your very clever background...glossy accents to highlight...great idea. You have set my mojo going along with the other DT members...must get some stencils!! I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.

Sarah G said...

Yay - glad you managed to find some supplies in your new craft room to make this fabulous pair of cards, Linda! I love the subtle inking on the scattered dots with the touch of shine combined with the vibrant gerberas and those doodle flowers look gorgeous with the touch of sparkle. I am so excited to be on the stencil DT with you x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the glitter on the clear texture paste. Must try that. Hugz

Sue D said...

Pretty cards using stencils and congrats on being on the stencil design team.

Iris said...

Your cards are stunning - love the sparkle on the second one.

Christine Alexander said...

Congrats on being part of the Uniko DT, you so deserve it with your awesome cards :)

Jane said...

So excited to have you join the Uniko team. I've long been an admirer of your creativity and different styles. Fabulous debut showcasing those Uniko stencils!

Mary Holshouser said...

Welcome to the DT. Looking
forward to wonderful projects.
Love the glittery flowers.
I can see lots of fun
techniques coming soon.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Karthikha said...

Wow! Beautiful blooms they are!! Love these cards!

Valerija said...

Gorgeous colours and images. Love both of your wonderful cards.

Izzy Scrap said...

Very warm welcome to the team, Linda ! It seems that we can say Congratulations for your new house, your new craft room and your new DT and soon your new mobile phone ;-)
Two gorgeous cards and I'm impatient to learn new tricks with stencil ! It will be a pleasure to work with you. xx