Saturday 10 February 2018

Follow your heart .......

Happy Sunday ......

I know ..... late again! Sorry ....... this moving house lark is playing with my blogging clock!
Normal service will resume shortly ..... I'm going to make a start on my craft room today!!

It's time for this month's Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge and the theme for February is .....
Hearts


I've got some actual Artist Trading Cards for you today ..... not the wooden block kind like in my last two posts ......


ATC's .... in case you're not familiar with them, are little pieces of artwork, size 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches .... and they are so much fun to make.

This little set started out from a piece of previously coloured cardstock from my stash, coloured with Distress Inks and the smooshing technique ..... I think!
And I've used stamps, and die cuts along with a little heat embossing to decorate the ATC's 


This heart is from Visible Image ...... stamped directly on the ATC in black and heat embossed with clear powder.  I then stamped the heart  again onto white cardstock using a red ink and fussy cut away all the splatters around the edge.
The sentiment was then stamped and heat embossed on the top before layering the heart onto the ATC.


For this one I used a simple die cut heart balloon ..... and coloured it with red ink.  A few splatters of white ink add a bit more interest to the background.


Last but not least ..... a simple red heart stamped in the centre of the ATC (I did use the MISTI to get a nice deep coverage)  I doodled around the edge with a white gel pen and then heat embossed that fab sentiment from STAMPlorations over the top.
To finish off I doodled faux stitching around the ATCs and layered them all onto black cardstock.

As with all the Happy Little Stampers challenges there's a $20 Gift Certificate for the winner, which will be doubled if the winning ATC has been created using HLS stamps.

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .....


7 comments:

Amy Seigler said...

Linda, I love your ATC cards. Great background, layers and heat embossing.

Jane said...

Well this fab trio of atcs is just amazing. Hadn’t spotted you were late, but it would have been worth the wait anyway! Hope you’ll soon be all sorted in your new house, so distracting living in a muddle.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous set of ATCs and a great way of using the backgrounds that we all seem to stack up.
Good luck with the craft room unpacking.
Avril xx

simo said...

Love your take Linda...perfect use of your stash...hugs xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the big sentiments on these fun ATC! You did an outstanding job :)

Priya Satish said...

Beautiful ATCs with Fantastic backgrounds.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful ATC's. Love the gold with the reds

Barb Housner